Z wave routes disappear after update?

Not sure if this is normal or expected behavior but after doing the update today, most all of my zwave devices lost their routes when looking at the z wave details. Is this normal? I have a c8.

If you just did the migration, that would be normal as the migration doesn't move the routes. If it's just from a platform update, shutdown the hub from the settings menu. Unplug power for 5 mins and power back up. See if they come back

Just was a platform update. Is that best practice after an update?

Normally you don't have to. Occasionally if the radio is corrupt during a platform update, doing the power cycling for 5 mins clears the radio and everything is there.

1 Like

Yes, I believe it is.

I thought the zwave info (RTT, RSSI, routes, etc) didn't show up after an update until the 1st zwave messages start going out to/coming in from the devices. That's why it 'fixes itself' over time (as messages go to/come from the devices).

3 Likes

Hmmm okay. Both of those responses make sense. I'm just trying to better understand my zwave network to ensure it's set up well and running well now that I have more details to look at.

Then how long does it take for the topography to settle? The amount of red concerns me.

Edit: the shutdown/wait 5min/reboot brought all the devices and their info back to normal. So that was it.

Post your z-wave details page in its entire for us

:point_up_2:This is correct.. The hub doesn’t store this information, it gets sent back through IME on the next packet sent from the hub to the device.

1 Like

That makes sense. So when I get antsy because routes disappear, I can just power down and boot up to speed up that data filling back in?

This is honestly the most 'blue' I have ever seen in my topography

1 Like

That's a pretty solid mesh.. Everything is directly connected to the hub. That's awesome.

1 Like

That is a relief to hear. I think I am getting stuck on a solid mesh giving a pretty blue topography. But since moving to c8 to see this and have the details of direct connections, my zwave devices have been way more reliable.

Technically since everything is connected to the hub, it's hub and spoke not mesh :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.