Z-Wave repair question

I'm trying to do a Z-Wave repair, but I noticed in the logs that my locks are not included in the repair logs. Are locks not included in the repair process?

Devices not showing in the logs while repairing:
Dome siren
First Alert Smoke detector
Schlage or Yale locks

No battery powered devices are logged on a zwave repair.

1 Like

Ah, ok.

Are they still remapped during the repair?

Battery powered devices normally sleep, whenever they wake up they will look for a signal from a mains powered device.

Got it. I'm trying to resolve a Schlage lock dropping often so trying some repeaters, but wasn't seeing it in the logs. Hope this helps. Thanks for your help!

The reason they aren't logged is because battery powered devices don't repeat the signal they only receive the signal and transmit to the device that sent the signal. A zwave repair rebuilds the neighbor tables of repeating devices.

Some help on your Schlage issue can be found here, (at least it fixed mine) Adding Aeotec Range Extenders has made my BE469 and FE599 locks reliable

1 Like

I have to agree with @waynespringer79. I had one hiccup recently when I thought I couldn't control my locks (actually all my zwave devices were offline). Outside of that, repeaters have solved my lock issues.

1 Like

Yep, that's what I got and am setting them up now.

1 Like

@bizapp

Not sure if any of the information on this video might help you out.
But he using the Aeotec Range Extender 6, Z-Wave Plus repeater to help with his Schlage Connect Deadbolt Lock.

1 Like