Z-Wave Offline Problems with C-5 Hub on 2.2.3.142

ETA: The fix suggested below by @waynespringer79 did not work. Rolling back again to 2.2.3.135 as I describe below did work again. So still can't update to 2.2.3.142.

I know that Z-Wave issues are being discussed re: the C-7 hub. Please note that I have a C-5. I had this issue when I updated to 2.2.3.135 also, but was able to resolve it. Not so much this time.

I updated to 2.2.3.142. After the reboot, the system showed the Z-Wave network is not online. And, indeed, under Z-Wave details there were no devices, and none of the z-wave devices responded. This is very concerning because my z-wave devices include things like my front door lock and contact sensors.

I tried disabling and enabling the Z-Wave radio. I tried this a couple of times, just for grins. I tried rebooting. Nothing. I waited patiently for a while, just to see if everything would magically reappear. No dice.

I rolled back to 2.2.3.135. I had the same error message (Z-Wave network is not online). This time disabling and then enabling the Z-Wave radio took care of the issue. The Z-Wave network was back online and all of the Z-Wave devices reappeared. I ran a Z-Wave repair, and it completed with no problems.

If anyone has a better idea how to resolve this, I'm all ears.

I'm really reluctant to update again until I know that these issues are resolved. What if I can't get Z-Wave back? Some of those devices are not fun to add, not to mention all of the rules, etc., that they are in.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 11.40.03 AM

More than likely all you needed to do was Shutdown (not reboot) the hub, unplug the power cord for 30 seconds, then plug back in and reboot and they should all reappear.

On odd occasions the zwave radio has known to freeze up and this usually resolves it as reboots don't fully power off the zwave radio.

2 Likes

I'm still not sure why the disable/enable would work with 2.2.3.135 but not with 2.2.3.142.

Just the luck of the draw coincidence I would assume

As this has been a common problem with the C-5 hub as shown by search

Nope. That didn't work. I had exactly the same problem. I tried shutting down, unplugging, waiting 30 seconds, restarting. I tried it twice. I tried disabling/enabling Z-Wave. I tried rebooting. Nothing, nada, zilch. The Z-Wave network remained stubbornly offline.

I rolled back, again, to 2.2.3.135, disabled/enabled Z-Wave, and everything magically reappeared. I ran a Z-Wave repair for good measure, and everything was fine.

I really do appreciate your reply @waynespringer79, but I have to believe that my problem is not the same as yours was.

tagging @gopher.ny he may be able to help

1 Like

Sounds like a contact support issue then, as you can search many posts of from other users as well of this happening and almost all of them are resolved by performing the shutdown/power cycle.

1 Like

Thanks. Honestly, it just seems weird that it's so reproducible.

1 Like

Agreed, I really feel for support in these situations. All our environments are a different variable. So what may be reproducible for us every time can be impossible for them to recreate. With any luck one of the staff will have some insight for you.

2 Likes

Checked the logs, and while we can't pinpoint the issue just yet, it's being looked at.

5 Likes

@gopher.ny thank you! I also sent an email. Ticket #: 18177.

I do feel for you.

1 Like

@jabecker:
I'm one of those people with a c5 that this happened to.
And, yes, shutdown, wait, turn back on, did work for me.
And, yes, I gave a great big sigh also.

On 2.2.3.142, I've added a number of Homeseer switches and dimmers with "S2" chosen, but in "Z-Wave Details" they show up as Security = "None". Are others seeing this?

During the pairing process, I am seeing the security dialog window and S2 is selected.

I had a different issue.... On my C5, all my devices still appeared to work correctly, but would not respond to commands and my dashboard did not update if the status of a device changed. So basically, z-wave just didn't work. Tried rolling back, no luck. Luckily I only have 3 z-wave devices, so it was easy to reset everything and just re-add those three devices back. Everything works fine now on most recent software. I'm not sure what happened, but it's fine now.

Running @ 2.2.3.118 with no issues on C-5. Can you go back that far?

@jvm33 you appear to be having a different problem than I outlined in the original post. You might want to start your own thread so that people who can help would be more likely to see it.

I changed the title slightly to make it more clear what the problem is.

I wish it would work for me! I'm glad it's working for others, though.

Hello @jabecker.
It happened to me again, when I updated to .142 (on my C5).
So, after it came back up (after updating) , it showed me that the zwave was not online.
I then went to zwave settings, and changed the zwave to disabled. (then updated on that page).
I waited 10-15 seconds, changed it back to enabled (then updated on that page).
Everything came back, as good as new.

Thanks, @jtmpush18 ! That worked for me, too! Whew. That makes me happy. Good find!

@gopher.ny please see post above from jtmpush18.

Just updated to 2.2.3.144 and had no problems. Z-wave was fine and all of my devices were listed. Whatever it was isn't happening now.