Z-Wave poller doesn't list any devices

I installed the Z-Wave poller and it doesn't list any devices. Most of them are Zooz devices. I do have 2 Honeywell thermostat, one quickset lock and 2 GE switches (one wall switch & the 40 amp switch).

Anyone have any ideas why nothing is listed in my 2 drop downs?

This is normally because the driver for the devices you are using does not support polling, and that is typically because the devices themselves do not require it.

I don't think any Zooz products are old enough to need this feature. Some GE ones were, but if you have the specific model, someone may know for sure. Thermostats are entirely different device class that were never affected by this issue (ultimately related to a now-expired Lutron patent that affected lighting devices only) and were never supported by this app.

Backing up a bit: is there a problem you are trying to solve with the use of this app? It is not normally necessary to do this.

2 Likes

At periodic intervals I'd like to see if devices are online.

That's not what Poller is for. Take a look at this app

[RELEASE] Device Activity Check - Get notifications for "inactive" devices - :gear: Custom Apps and Drivers / Custom Apps - Hubitat

3 Likes

@daniellecio

So poller is for non plus z-wave devices that don't report status. Z-wave plus device DO report status so if you don't have any non z-wave plus z-wave device you won't see them under poller.

As @HAL9000 mentioned, you can use device activity check.