Z-Wave PC Controller App - Where?

I've done it... the driver must have been corrupt or something - I decided to remove it entirely. Re-installed (from the same package I installed it from fwiw) and then suddenly everything was working

2 Likes

Excellent - glad you tracked down your problem! I'm going to add info from this thread to the first post my "How To" thread just in case someone runs into something like this in the future. First time I've seen this, but you never know...

2 Likes

Okay. Trying Simplicity Studiio myself with the Silicon Labs 700 z-wave controller.
Cannot find z-wave tools, and thus cannot install PC Controller.

I have read above about loading the proper SDK. Where would I find that?

Based on some previous comments the installation instructions here were said to be up to date. Have you tried them?

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the assistance.
I have now added the UZB device to HE, and have successfully removed 2 of 3 ghost devices.

The remaining ghost device - it has routing details. I am pretty sure it is not on the network physically, or getting power.
How can I be sure?
THe note in the guide about ensuring the device is powered off concerns me.

Couple of options...

1. Do a hub shut down, pull power at the wall, wait 1m, then plug in, restart, and try again.

2. If you can't directly link the ghost to an existing device, if it's possible you can kill a breaker or two to cut power to likely suspects that might be the device in question.

3. If you have switches with an air gap, pulling the air gap on them should kill the radio for that device, at which point you can retry the removal. I know that GE/Jasco switches in particular have an air gap you can pull, not sure about others.

1 Like

In addition to what @danabw said, do not confuse HEX for DEC numbers.

1 Like