Z-Wave network stops Zigbee keeps working

Did you ever ditch the 4-1's?

Since latest update I've only had one lock up that I've noticed and it fixed itself after about 30 seconds

I got all the parts to ditch them, but have 2 left attached to hubitat. I moved one back to smartthings and used bridge software to test it out. Oddly enough, the 4-in-1 sensors seem to stay active; it's the switches that haven't been active. Perhaps I should look for updated drivers for them (as well as replace the 4-in-1).

What brand of switches are you using?

The one that seems to be the most impacted is a Zoon Zen30 in my bathroom (it's likely also the most used). It seems like pulling the air-gap switch for a few seconds sometimes restores operation. I'm wondering if when I used to have complete z-wave lock-ups, I now have conditions similar to @mark.cockcroft (after some amount of time, it starts working again).

Elsewhere, I've got a Dome water valve, Honeywell outdoor switch, Zooz Zen15 x3, Zooz power strip and a GE/Jasco dimmer plug. I think that's all my z-wave stuff.

I'd check this and turn off power monitoring on this if you haven't already. I don't have an easy fix for those zooz switches since I don't use them.

Power monitoring is the only reason I have the powerstrip - it's nice to see the state of the monitors, computer and other stuff on my desk in my automations. I could turn down the report thresholds, or just move it to smartthings instead.

I'll likely work on getting the zigbee motion sensors setup, as soon as it becomes less work to install those than to keep the hub up (ha!).

I would at least do this.

It seems to be ignoring me. It's almost like it is sending an update as soon as the previous update completed. Perhaps I'll reboot the power strip.

FYI: tried, setting it, hitting configure, refresh.

Do a safe shutdown and pull power for 30 seconds to make sure the zwave radio is happy and try it again.

Okay, tried. It didn't seem to help, but perhaps if I let it sit for 12 hours, it'll auto-update.

2021-02-04 10:34:05.506 am warnThere are 1 pending changes, please click the Save button again.

Did you click save down by where you set the driver?

No, but I'll go do that.

Seems to be reporting every 2 seconds at the moment.

Yea, that's way too much.

What model version and firmware version are you on? I have a 2.0 and a 2.03 model version.

I'm not sure where to check the model.
Perhaps the device type will let you know which model it is: * deviceType: 40960
Firmware says: * firmwareVersion: 2.3

The hardware version is printed on the bottom of the strip.

VER. 1.0 (released 7/2017)

Original release.
Hardware:

• No mounting screw holes, straight plug

Firmware: 20.15

• No advanced settings, no power monitoring, no status recovery after power failure (defaults to off)

VER. 2.0 (released 11/2018)

Hardware:

• Added mounting screw holes
  • Added angled plug
  • Reduced cord length to 2 feet
  • Added power monitoring (W and kWh only)
  • Added on/off USB reports to the hub

Firmware: 1.0

• Added S2 security
  • Added OTA firmware updates
  • Added on/off status recovery after power failure
  • Added built-in turn-on and turn-off timer for each outlet
  • Added advanced settings for LED Indicators, manual control, power monitoring, and behavior after power outage

VER. 2.01 (released 12/2018)

Firmware: 2.0

• Added a workaround for multi-channel inclusion for SmartThings

VER. 2.02 (released as OTA file 8/2019)

Firmware: 2.02

• Reduced USB port on/off and power monitor reporting frequency to 30 seconds minimum
  • Added the option to disable power reports for individual outlets and disable on/off reports from USB ports

VER. 2.03

Hardware:

• Added A and V reports to the power meter (older versions can't be upgraded to 2.03 due to this hardware difference)

Firmware: 2.03

• Added parameter settings for A and V reporting frequency (disabled by default)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.