Z-Wave Network responded with Busy message

I think I have the flashing software and image file stashed somewhere, it was tricky to find after they moved everything to "Simplicity" [not] studio.

Once thats done all you have to do is fire up the zniffer software from Simplicity.

Not sure you can. The HAL (hardware abstraction layer) may prevent the low level access needed.

Yeah that's what I was thinking... I can use the PC controller app though. But I think if I want to use it reliably I may have to grab a Windows laptop.

1 Like

I have a old Surface Pro 3 that works great for a mobile PC Controller station! Only drawback is only one USB port so I have to unplug the mouse. But it has a touchscreen also which works well.

1 Like

Eek. And you can't flash back? Yeah, not at this time unfortunately.

You should be able to go back in theory but I have never tried it. I think you would have to take a backup using the special software and then restore that backup. Its not the same as just updating the firmware, it is some sort of low level overwrite.

FWIW, the issues w/UZB sticks not completely pairing and not getting a complete list of nodes is not new w/the C8, folks were reporting it on the C7 prior to the C8 release as well. Not clear what changed that is causing this - Simplicity/PC Controller, HE FW, or both. I tested on one of my C7s and didn't have any issues joining my UZB stick or getting a full list of my nodes. Haven't tried on my C8 yet. But just wanted to note that from what I've seen this is not a C8-specific issue.

2 Likes

Yeah, I'm not surprised by that. I'm partly wondering if it's because my stick is only 500-series and the C7/C8 are 700/800 series chipsets.

My Zooz 500 series stick has worked fine on the C7 and now the C8. I had a little bit if trouble pairing it on the C8 which I think was my own doing. Didn't take long to get it working.