Z-Wave Metering Dimmer

I'm in the process of moving all my devices over from ST. One of my devices is a Jasco Z-Wave dimmer (45602) outlet with a built in energy meter. In ST it was included with the device type "Z-Wave Metering Dimmer" and it showed the current power usage. The closest I found in HE is "Generic Z-Wave Dimmer." It works great but obviously is missing the energy output. Is there any way to get that to show as well?

1 Like

Have you checked the wiki e to see there is a community driver?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I should've mentioned that I did check and this particular model isn't in the wiki.

2 Likes

If you have the SmartThings DTH for that device, you could consider porting the DTH to a Hubitat driver.

This post from @EdwardN provides an excellent summary of guidelines for porting .....

3 Likes

Thanks I'll check that out. Do you know of a way to get the code for a ST "built in" or native DTH?

Most of the ST DTH's are available in their public GitHub repository.

This may be the DTH you're using on ST...

Also, I am tagging @JasonJoel as he has a lot of experience working with the GE/Jasco Z-Wave devices. He may be able to provide some guidance on getting your device running on Hubitat.

3 Likes

:+1: was just about to post that link.

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone :pray: This may just be the most helpful community I've ever been a part of!

I'll update here once I get this working in case it may help anyone else with this device.

2 Likes

Interesting. I don't have any power metering GE devices, or I would have already made a user driver.

In general GE devices are pretty easy to write drivers for. Sometimes a quirk here or there, but in general they stick to the specs overall. The older it is the more quirks, there are though, and I see that model is one of the old non-zwave plus models.

Being an older model I would definitely thing you should be able to find/use a smartthings driver for that.

3 Likes

I know. When I saw @Gorillabeard's post this morning, my first reaction was to browse to your GitHub. It was only when I didn't see a driver there that I realized this is a plug-in lamp dimmer and not an in-wall switch .....

1 Like

And old, and not zwave plus. That takes it out of my realm. :slight_smile:

But like I said, being old should make it easier to find a st driver for it.

1 Like

I did find your github and looked through it before posting this. I almost used one until I also realized they were all for in wall switches.

It's quite old, indeed. Bought it years ago. I can't really figure out if it's zwave plus or not. The user manual says it repeats zwave signal but it doesn't have the logo anywhere and I was under the impression that only zwave plus devices can repeat. Is that not true?

Not true. Line-powered z-wave devices will repeat as well.

2 Likes

Right. Line powered Zwave non-plus devices repeated as well.

2 Likes

Did you ever get this figured out? Moving from ST and have a couple of these I need to get in to Hubitat.