Z-Wave Mesh seems to be deteriorating -- Suggestions on troubleshooting steps?

Interesting that you mention upgrading locks. As it turns out, several months ago I transitioned my daughter's system from Vera to Hubitat and was successful in including two Schlage BE469NX non Z-Wave PLUS locks into the system under S0 security, the only option available. Wanting to get the benefits of Z-Wave PLUS connectivity to the hub, I attempted to upgrade these locks to the Schlage BE469ZP. Worked diligently trying to get these included into Hubitat without security, only to find that the inclusion process never completed, but consistently left "ghost" devices to later deal with. After several calls to Schlage support, and continual frustration, I was told, contrary to prevailing guidance to avoid security if possible, to accept the S2 security offered just to see what happened. I added the 5 digit code and it worked! First lock included and works well in Hubitat system. Am planning to give it a week to settle in and, if it still works next time I visit her, will upgrade the other door lock as well. Perhaps this security selection will be of value to others attempting to work with the supposedly non-supported Schlage locks.

@wfoley
This is because Locks and garage items are forced to pair with security with hubitat by default and should be left that way. It's reccomended everything BUT locks and garage doors items be set to none. Even if only s0 is available it should be used for that.

3 Likes

@rlithgow1 clarified it, the "no security" mantra that you'll hear around here is related to non-barrier devices. Locks and garage doors should be joined w/security. It can get confusing due to the amount of talk around here about avoiding security, and sometimes the comments start flying and the context gets left behind. :slight_smile:

1 Like