Z wave mesh frozen completely

The problem with excluding Z-Wave devices using HE is you don't always get a response that they have been excluded. Certainly in the early days anyway.
Because of this I've always used ST device exclusion to exclude devices from HE. I always get a response.
I then use HE to re-pair them.

It's much better now. I did exactly the same thing you did and usually go back in to delete the device in the Z-Wave info page prior to firmware .112. You can no longer do that.
I now leave a live logging open and try excluding the device. Will see it in live logging or look at the device list and hope it's gone from the list.

1 Like

The hub will automatically remove them after some time. That should clear up any issues.

1 Like

OK thanks.

Whew, thanks :smile:

Reading through this because of the other thread about fixing the zwave mesh. So we really shouldn't need to use any other tools to fix "ghost" devices and the such? They will eventually clear up?

Interesting reads. I have installed ZenSy and can see that I have a defunct security node 69 which is causing issues. I can't remove it though. :frowning:

how did you determine that?

You can remove it, you must test it until it changes to dead.

2 Likes

Look at your zwave list in Hubitat and then look at the list the nodes are showing.

Do you know how to optimize the mesh with this software?

It worked!

2 Likes

You can do the mesh repair, see nodes table map, but I only used it to correct the ghost nodes, everything else was done in HE and the mesh has been fine.

how do you test??? ERTT?

There is a button you keep pressing checking the node. Once it fails like the 20th time then you can select remove.

which button? I've done the NOP and the test and I'm able to hit the "Node Failed?" and it goes red in the list...but nothing ever "un greys" for me to remove.

Yes, Node failed.

You click it every minute or so til the controller quits caching and actually tries the device. Once it agrees that it's failed, you click the button on the right (to replace) or a couple buttons to the right to remove failed.

OK?? You click til the device gets moved into the controller's failed list. Then you can replace or delete the failed list.

had to quite zensys and restart for some reason. Now the button isn't greyed!!!

So 1 weird thing....it seems one of my devices doesn't show on the zensys side but DOES show in HE...and it's working in HE....

Compare nodes, or zigbee?

not zigbee...def zwave