Z-Wave Lock Event Data

Since we are on the subject.

My schlage lock does not seem to give me programmed pins.

My kwikset seems to report correctly.

@mike.maxwell Is there anyway to get this info from the schlage lock? I have codes that were on the lock when I switched to hubitat. These codes all work I just do not know which is which on the lock currently. I was hoping to pull the info off the lock then reprogram with names.

no there is not (that's on schlage), I wrote the code such that when a code is entered from the driver details, it should add that code to the lock, at which point the code should be retained in the lockCode map and then used for subsequent events.
However given that you've already assigned Dad as an alias to one of the slots, I'm guessing the above did not work....
I didn't have a schlage lock to test with so I was not able to verify that function.

1 Like

I just tried to reset it again to be sure. Same result - just a stars...

They contained all asterisks and the block quote filters them out

In the debug logging I do see the raw zwave events
(I posted those before) but they are not propagated as device events.

right, because there's a bug in code storage and lookup for the schlage locks...

Glad you got it! I’ll revert to the previous firmware for now. Let me know if you need any testing.

??? why?, what was working in the driver in 1.1.3 that's not working in 1.1.4?

1.1.3 was reporting device events, both manually and pin code (without the code). 1.1.4 is only writing events to the logs, they are not propagated in the apps or “device events” tab.

thanks for clarifying, I should be able to fix that.

You’re welcome. 1.1.3 was missing some from time to time, but I was unable to pinpoint the cause.

Is there any plan to release the source code one day?

can you verify something for me?
open live logging, enable both debug and description logging, then unlock the lock with a code and post me the live logs.
For the life of me I'm not finding the issue in 1.1.4...

This is one of my locks doing as you asked. Hope this helps, let me know if I can grab anything else.

1 Like

Live log always shows the zwave event, i.e.

alarmv2.AlarmReport: AlarmReport(alarmLevel:2, alarmType:19, eventParameter:[2], numberOfEventParameters:1, zensorNetSourceNodeId:0, zwaveAlarmEvent:6, zwaveAlarmStatus:255, zwaveAlarmType:6)

In this case, just a few minutes ago, the event was propagated as device event as well, to both my app and the hsm.

This morning it was logged in live logging but not propagated.
I'm currently unable to understand when and why this happens.

this was an unlock with a code from the lock correct?

Yes.

1 Like

and this was also an unlock from the lock using a code correct?

In case it helps, I believe mine is a model Schlage BE469. It's possible mine is missing some stuff though, doesn't seem to be updating everything. Sometimes it will log a manual lock/unlock, sometimes it doesn't. Trying to figure out if it is an issue with the lock, zwave network, or something else.

correct. code #2.

1 Like

I have this lock as well and also found that it did not always reliably report events. I set a refresh every time the contact sensor on the door opens and closes. Seems to keep it pretty well in sync

1 Like

That's a great idea, I'm going to setup the same. Thanks!