Z-wave just stopping working?

Never have any issues and nothing has changed, but a few weeks ago I noticed that nothing was working, found that the z-wave didn't seem to be responding so I shut downy hub. Powered back up and it's been fine. Then again today the same thing happens when I go home, did a reboot and worked for a few hours and it happens again. Just shut down and powered down for a few mins and I'm am back up again.

I can't fine anything in the logs that suggests the hubs going down or anything it's just stops reporting z-wave as if the chip has stolen working.

@bobbyD any ideas or anything within your logs that could help explain it.

Tagging @bcopeland as well, since Bobby is at CES and is pretty busy there stealing candy from competitors' tables. :wink:

@BorrisTheCat - you're fully up to date on Z-Wave FW and Hub FW update, I presume? You don't have this button on the Z-Wave Details page, right?

2 Likes

Please PM me your hub id

3 Likes

Yeah man I'm the one normally giving people that advice :joy:

3 Likes

Done

Getting worse. Trying to leave loggin on for my z-wave logs but it's as if the z-wave chip is just shutting down in the background with no warning.

Very ood as I have no issues or errors.

Are you seeing any zwave messages in the logs?
Have you verified that your devices are plugged in and batteries are good?

I had similar symptoms a few months back after the batteries on one of my locks died.

1 Like

Yes untill it "shuts down"

I only have two battery powered devices. A window sensor, that I recharged yesterday just incase (it's never caused a issue before when it goes flat) and a fibaro motion sensor which is working. All other devices are mains powered or usb powered and are working.

Routes are all mostly direct with no route changes all good signals. Got 3 blinds which are connected S2 since day dot. Literally have not changed my networks for 2 years I suspect apart from firmware updates. It seems to fail each morning so I wonder if there is something new happening in the nightly clean up? Tempted to downgrade to early version of this release or previous.

I'll check the motion sensor later as although it's been working I haven't looked at it's battery and never replaced it.

1 Like

I assume you checked all the standard stuff like limiting power reporting devices, checking for ghosts, etc etc?

1 Like

Can you try a different power supply?

1 Like

Yes nothing changed for very long time, when I built my mesh when the C7 1st came out, I did it with a stick aswell ensuring solid joins before I moved on.

I don't really have any power reporting devices. The dimmers can but its all off.

Thought about this aswell but hubs running perfectly, ZigBee is perfect. It's just z-wave!? It's normally the last thing to go not the first.

I'm thinking a hub protect subscription might be wise at this point just in case you need to replace the hub :slight_smile:

Been subscribed to that since it first came out on that hub. The other hub is just ZigBee so not worth it.

I always recommend it to my customers, it's a good deal.

2 Likes

It is normally the last radio to shut down, but perhaps it misbehaves when the power supply is unsteady/faltering?

Still none the wiser so far, maybe its going on strike because I'm planning on removing most of it (the aeotec motion sensors) and replacing them with ZigBee microwaves :joy:

So woke up and again nothing z-wave was running. This time I disabled z-wave and re enabled it. It brought everything back up for a bit.

So does anyone know the a way to send a signal to disable and enable this from RM maybe?

Have you had any feedback from Hubitat staff since you sent the Hub ID three days ago?

Nothing as of yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.