Z Wave issue strange issues post firmware update

I noticed some general slugishness in my z-wave devices the past week or so, which are normally very good. When i looked at the z-wave details page, all of my devices under "device class" show either "BASIC TYPE SLAVE_SIC" or "BASIC TYPE STATIC CONTROLLER". I disabled and enabled the radio, restarted the hub, still seeing the same thing. I can't pinpoint exactly when this happened, but it seemed to be after the zwave firmware upgrade. Has anyone seen this before?

Shut down the hub from the Settings page, then pull power (at the wall plug not the hub), wait five minutes, restore power.

See if that helps.

3 Likes

@beachmoney What @danabw said

1 Like

Brilliant. That fixed it. Lot's easier than I thought it would be!

We accept Paypal. Venmo, and brownies. :wink:

Special brownies... from your local herb distributor

1 Like

Sometimes the radio gets stuck. That clears it. Usually only see that after a firmware update not a z-wave stack update...

1 Like

We don't have those in Utah. We have to drive to Wendover to stock up on supply :joy:

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen - most stuff turned generic after an update. A door lock became a PC Controller! Lights still seemed to work, the door locks didn't. Go figure.

A reboot didn't fix it, but a power cycle did. Gonna call this a bug - it simply shouldn't happen. And, the radio should be able to be software reset, so physical intervention isn't required. That may be on SI and their SDK, but it's also on Hubitat as a member of the Z-Wave Alliance to pressure them to provide that capability.

1 Like

It happens... It's a consequence of the SDK not hubitat... If anytime you do a firmware update and you don't see your z-wave device, shutdown, unplug power for 5 mins (at the wall not the hub) and power back up. It clears the radio.

1 Like