Z-Wave ghost exclusion question

An HE "Pro" bundle... maybe also a mini-ups.

(sorry for going off track)

1 Like

It is the least SiLabs could do - free ghost removal UZBs...

1 Like

This is the USB stick I used to exorcise my Hubitat Z-Wave network of ghosts. I know that it doesn't feel right to have to buy another device but it's the best smart home hardware purchase ever.

On sale now for $28.

Just buy it!

It will save you hours and hours of frustration.

1 Like

The SiLabs SLUSB001A Z-Wave USB stick (Z-Wave 700 UZB-7) is $19.95 from Digi-Key. That’s where I got mine.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/SLUSB001A/336-5899-ND/9867108

1 Like

They both have the new 700 series Z-Wave chip so for $20 there is no reason to struggle.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/SLUSB001A/336-5899-ND/9867108

1 Like

Its funny your link doesn't work for me but @672southmain's does.. maybe a region thing? Just thought I'd mention it...

1 Like

Maybe a browser thing.
I copied the other link.

2 Likes

Ha HA ha ha
this is very true. I have spent many hours rebuilding. I reset the radio as mentioned. It did clear the ghosts along with everything else. I believe I have it done now, and right now, no ghosts makin my eye twitch.
I also believe I will purchase one of these devices, for if and when this happens again. Thanks all!

2 Likes

Welcome to the rebuild everything club! Most of us have done this at one time or another usually early on in our HE ownership. For me it was several times due to inexperience (80+ devices - yayy) and then later when migrating to a new set of hubs.

As you gain confidence with the system and learn its eccentricities you will likely not have to do it again. There are plenty of other ways to handle things and the system is robust enough to recover on it's own or through a soft-reset.

The trick nowadays for me at least is to minimize hub overhead and simplify/streamline things as much as possible.

+1 on the uzb-7 purchase, totally recommend it.

1 Like

I just had to go through a Z-wave reset. There was one thing I didn't learn until the last 6 devices, all Roller Shades.

The Roller Shades were the only devices that gave a very clear indication of success during the inclusion process, the shade would jog up/down and the LED flashed. But on my tablet, the inclusion process showed no immediate signs of success. It could sometimes take 30 seconds or more before the Hubitat UI came up asking me to name the device.

With many other devices because I didn't know if the inclusion was successful or not, I'd triple tap the switch paddle again (or whatever the process was with that particular device) while the Hubitat continued to countdown that the inclusion process was ending. I'd be very surprised if I didn't unintentionally create these new "ghosts" because I didn't know I'd already successfully included the device.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.