Z-Wave Disable Doesn't Turn Off Radio?

I keep trying in vain to get HE paired as a secondary to my alarm controller after each FW update.

None of my messages have been responded to so I don't know if they're just busy (certainly understandable) or nobody cares (hope not) but it still doesn't work.

In another attempt after the last FW update, I tried removing HE from the alarm panel, but the panel kept saying that the device was reachable. Learn mode on HE apparently doesn't "unlearn" so the only way to get rid of it on the alarm panel is to delete a failed node. But my panel thinks it's still a reachable device and won't force delete it.

So I set HE's zwave status to Disabled, but my alarm panel still sees it as a reachable device. What's the purpose of this setting? If it's supposed to turn the radio off, it doesn't. Even with HE shutdown (red light) my alarm panel still sees it. I had to remove power from HE in order to force delete it from my alarm panel.

Side question, what's the point of having a separate zwave log? Sometimes zwave log entries show up there, sometimes in the general log page. At least in the general log page you can show past logs. More often that not the zwave log page is empty and there's no (obvious) way to see past zwave logs.

can you expand on this?

I added HE as a secondary to my Qolsys IQ2+ but with odd results (2.2.4: HE as secondary z-wave controller not working).

I wanted to test it with the latest firmware, so I went into the panel and tried removing HE. Normally you would enter exclusion mode on the panel and then activate learn/unlearn on the device, but HE doesn't seem to support unlearn.

The panel has a "remove failed device" feature, but when I selected the HE hub the panel tells me it is a reachable device and I should exclude the device normally.

So I figured disabling zwave in HE would stop the radio. Apparently it doesn't. Neither does shutting down HE (led is red). The alarm panel still sees HE as a "reachable" device. I had to physically remove power from HE in order for the alarm panel to force delete it.

And even though I've done a zwave reset, zwave disable/enable, shutdown and physically removed power for 10 minutes, I still have devices in my HE zwave device list.

I sent you a PM a week or so asking if you would be interested in me sending you a panel to test. I'm sure you're really busy but the offer still stands and I'd pay shipping both ways. I would need it back in a few weeks though.

--

BTW, I have a zstick and a zniffer, but haven't set up the zniffer yet. Any info I can provide from either, just ask.