Z-Wave Devices Listed but Not Really There

Z-Wave Mystery Time. I am finally delving into my C7 to see what makes it go, and am trying to make things as consistent as I can with what devices are called, etc. I just looked at my Z-Wave Details, and I am seeing ghosts. I see devices that are "Pending", or they are "OK", but that relate to nothing. I checked my Device listing, and everything I have there is listed properly, but none of the "ghosts" are there.

Some history: I had some Zoos stuff that failed, and have since changed out for Lutron. I did a force removal on these (two devices), and they no longer appeared in the Device list. But, I have four ghosts. Two with Discover buttons, and two without.

Any idea how to make them go away? Thanks, gang!

The Friendly Grizzly

@fgrizzly Shutdown the hub from the settings menu. Unplug the hub for 5 mins (at the wall not the hub) and power back up. Attemppt removal again. Click the refresh button a couple of times on those lines if the remove button is not there.

Excellent decision! The Lutron stuff just works.

1 Like

They appear under "Z-Wave Details", but NOT in "Devices". I followed your steps except for one variation: it was unplugged (at the wall) for about 30 minutes. I plugged it in, waited about 3 or 4 minutes, and logged back in. The devices are still there, and there appears no means to remove them. Discover does nothing.

Repair attempts give this:
Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 2.04.42 PM

Grr.

Don't run z-wave repair after that. On the z-wave details page click the remove button on that line.Unplug for 5 mins. If the remove button isn't there. Click refresh on that line till it appears

3 Likes

Eureka! Finally got the Remove button to appear, and the offending ghosts are gone.

Thanks very much, I'm quite grateful.

3 Likes

Post your current z-wave details page and lets see how everything looks

I have the issue solved, so not sure why you want to see. I am - sadly - dealing with some potentially nasty health issues right now, so this has to take a back seat.

2 Likes

Hope you feel better soon!

We just like to follow up to confirm that devices remaining are looking normal - thorough is our middle name. :wink:

Hope things go well for you.

1 Like