Z-Wave devices dissapear under Z-Wave details

I have a Hubitat Hub with the EU Z-wave stick.

At least 3 times all Z-wave devices have dissapeared under the z-wave details (and the z-wave devices have been unresponsive). Only way to get them back is to:

1. Pull out the z-wave stick
  2. Completely power off the Hubitat
  3. Plug in the z-wave stick
  4. Turn the Hubitat hub back on

When performing the above actions I get all the devices back. A reboot of the hubitat or a restore does not give me the devices back.

Is this a faulty z-wave stick or do I have a software issue?

I would get in touch with support@hubitat.com They will be in the best position to help you with this.

the same situation here. Z-wave EU version.

I found this would happen to me too but mainly only if I clicked the update button in the z-wave settings.
They always reappeared if I just waited about 15 minutes.

I get NO response from Hubitat support.

The problem makes the Hubitat useless to me. Right now I have lost ALL control with z-wave devices and I cannot do anything about it as the hubitat requires me to manually disconnect the USB dongle and reconnect it.

PLEASE Hubitat will you look into this?

I believe that just doing a reboot doesn't bring back the devices, you have to make sure the zwave radio gets refreshed. One way to do that is to shutdown and manually start up a few minutes later.

Thank you for the suggestion. However, this wont help me if I am not physically present in the same room as the Hubitat - maybe there is a software solution to refresh the radio?

I am willing to try everyting!

Of course there is!

The following is the manual approach. It may also be done as a rule in RM 4.0.
1`. Go to : Settings -> Reboot Hub {and reboot the hub}
2. After the Hub comes back, go to Settings -> Zwave Details , and on the top right of that screen change Enabled to Disabled. {this will disable your Zwave Radio}
3. After a few minutes, change Disabled, back to Enabled. {refresh your screen!}
4. On that same page, press the Repair Zwave button (not 100% required, but a good thing to do).