Z-wave device slow or do not respond after firmware update

I reverted to previous release and delays are gone. Latest release was cause.

I’ve done the same. Also because same automatons was acting strange. Lights that was not supposed to turn on during day time, would just turn on from time to time, but not always. I’ve checked mode and rules and they were fine. So I decided to roll back. Will see…

Yes I experienced this too. Forgot to mention.

any update on the zwave delay issue? i replaced a xiaomi zigbee motion sensor with a zwave motion sensor. lights have now gone from turning on within a second to turning on 3 - 5 seconds later.

wish the xiaomi motion sensor would stay connected. :-/

I’m seeing delays and unresponsiveness with the latest firmware as well.

zwave responsive seems to be doing better for me … did something change?

Same here. I thought everything is local processing... No new firmware upgrade but no more delay.

exactly. i have noted this before as well in a different post on the forum ... without any response.

I have the same issue, all my zwave devices are not responding!

I have had an issue with slow z-wave response for the last 2 upgrades. I was told by support it has something to do with secure devices (z-wave locks). I’m about to move my locks back to ST if that will help the issue.

I don't have any secure devices such as Z-Wave lock. But what I noticed in Z-Wave info page is that I no longer have Z-Wave devices going "dead" other than ghost devices or the one I unplugged the power.

I just got the Hubitat 10 days ago, and updated to 1.0.5.707 . I was wondering why my Schlage Connect (Z-Wave) locks were very slow to lock/unlock when using Rule Machine. If I use the Device command there is usually a 1-2 second delay. Under RM, it’s usually 5 seconds or so. A few times it didn’t work at all.

You guys still having issues after 1.0.5.710 update that just dropped? What previous update should I try if I want to remove the delay? Thanks!

710 works well for me.

Does that mean 707 wasn’t working for you?

Off-topic: At the moment, I am not able to update - my Download Progress is stalled at 0%. Similar problem I’ve had when I first got the hub and it would refuse to update, but suddenly worked again after a few hours. I’ll create a new thread for that later if it doesn’t resolve itseld.

707 was working for me. 709 was not.
Try to delete RM lock rule and recreate.

I don't think RM is the problem. I was in touch with support today and they are looking into it.

1 Like

Ok. One thing I noticed, on version 707 and 710, that if I enable logs for the locks, and then lock/unlock through either RM or the Device page, the message is shown twice - with the 2nd lock/unlock message occuring 5 seconds after the first one. I assume this is by design, in case the first one doesn’t make it through?

RM nor the driver is sending duplicate commands to the lock, the lock may be reporting twice, but nothing on Hubitat is commanding it twice.
It is possible that the command is being repeated at the zwave network layer I suppose.

I’ll have to enable debug logs for both locks to make sure they didn’t get the command twice. It could be that I have a ghost RM rule in there - I’ve had an issue before where I delete a rule from RM, and create a new rule, but when I check one of the devices, it lists two RM rules - the new one I made and the one I deleted! Very strange (this was on 707).

This actually appears to be a glitch that several people are reporting. Thank you for pointing out the way to identify it as such. Can you access the rule from the link on the device page?