Z wave bulb recommendations please

I wanted to put out a quick update to those who have been offering their tips and suggestions, First, thank you all for your help. The awesome people in this community and their willingness to step in and help others is REALLY what sets Hubitat apart. I jumped whole hog from ST about two or three years ago. I find myself trying to do far more than I ever even thought about trying with ST.

So, it appears I have several things that kinda bubbled to the Surface about the same time.

1. I'm sure it all started when I placed my hubs on a metal shelf. That has been fixed now.
  2. I have excluded all of the illumin bulbs from the hub, and reset them all (except two that are being particularly stubborn).
  3. I went to Inovelli's support page and got the driver code from there rather than using the code in Hubitat (I thought it was the same, maybe I was wrong),
  4. After adding the code I then included two of the bulbs back into the system and was able to update the firmware on both at that point.

Since then they have been working nearly flawlessly. I still have two bulbs that I can't seem to get to exclude, Once I get the UBZ-7 ill work on getting them and any other orphan devices out.

If I'm successful in excluding them, i'll reset them, then add them back with the new code, and finally update their firmware.

2 Likes

That firmware update to 2.31 really makes a difference in bulb responsiveness etc so anyone who has had trouble with Ilumin bulbs and is on bulb fw 2.29 (or lower!) should update it asap. Also with 2.31 you can now pair with no security instead of forced S0 by quickly turning the bulb on / off 3 times when pairing. Again as with all powered Z-Wave devices you must leave the power on at all times!!!

1 Like

Hahaha, I was on 2.28!

1 Like

Last power surge I had blew up two GE in-wall switches. A little bit nervous making.

I am waiting for a 700 zwave bulb... Hoping it competes with the zigbee bulbs in terms of stability and speed.

Consider getting a whole house surge protector.

3 Likes

Hmm, did not know that was even possible! Will look into it.

Both these units get reviewed well on Amazon. I have the Eaton one. But I know that others here have the Siemens unit. They can both be installed indoors or outdoors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AQAKRSS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4TWQ3YAS9NBM38MR041C
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WINMK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_S189QP07PTTW2WVWHD7P

Well worth the expense!

3 Likes

This is what I got based on recommendations in the forum. Problem with all of these is you quickly know if they didn’t work, but it’s impossible to tell if they work because nothing blows.

Siemens FS140

1 Like

What driver are you using with this bulb? I have some older GoControl Z-wave bulbs and the generic drivers and existing z-wave drivers for other bulbs I have found through Hubitat don't seem to control it.

I'm using the driver as follows:
Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer
seems to work with no problems.