Z-Uno Support

I have ordered a Z-Uno module (https://z-uno.z-wave.me/technical/) because of its ability to output a 0-10v Analog signal, which I plan to use to drive an AC motor via a 240v AC variable speed controller.

Anyway, would anyone in the community have the knowhow and time to implement a Hubitat driver for it. I looked into how drivers are made, and quickly it became evident to me that it requires true technical knowledge.

I hope that there is a drive Guru around to help :pray:

Can't help you with the driver but it's an interesting device. Looks sort of like a Z-wave version of the ESP8266 boards. The ESP8266's (and ESP32's) run through wifi and already work with Ogiewon's Hubduino drivers through the Maker API. I have several of these in my home for various things. I'm assuming you would have some external voltage boost to get the 0-10v output as it seems like it would only natively support up to 2.4v output going from what I saw on your link. If i'm understanding the specs, it looks like you can power it with up to 18v but seems like it regulates it down to 3v for onboard use like the ESP8266/ESP32's do.

They are cool boards.

If they could get the price down to like $40-50 I would get one to play with. But not for $70.

1 Like

I didn't see a price at the link. That's a lot when I can get an ESP8266 for about $5 and likely do the same things.

Have you had any luck finding or developing a driver for the z-uno?

1 Like