Yale Zigbee lock in events: was unlocked via read attribute report

we really need to know if the lock is actually unlocking/locking itself....
can you get creative with a piece of tape or string or something to verify if this is a real event or not?

1 Like

Hmmm...I might have a wyze camera floating around I can add into Blue Iris. I'll see if I can whip that up today at some point today. That would be good visual and audio.

5 Likes

I had the same situation happen with my Yale Zigbee lock today. Door was sitting open and the driver initiated a digital lock command without any rule triggering the same. I only noticed because I have a fault condition (fault 3) coded to alert me to this situation. The lock RE locked again 3 second later (not triggered by any rule) after the read attribute report event and a battery level event (refer attached event logs)

When you look at the device page, what's it in use by? (Down at the bottom)

It’s in use by many rules however I can confirm that none of the rules fired to cause the lock to close. I was sitting near the front door at the time and it did physically close in response to the ‘phantom’ digital close request, and it physically unlocked a few seconds later in response to the ‘phantom’ digital open request in the logs. The phantom lock request and unlock request in the device log are either side of two other events: ie The first is the lock event with value = unknown and description “Front door smart lock was unknown via read attribute report…. The second is the battery level reporting event with a value = 30%.

What is interesting with the battery level reporting of 30% is that this is a very large step change down from it’s current level of 58%. In the 12 months I have had the lock in operation the battery has progressively and steadily decayed from the initial 100% to the current 58% with a maximum variation of +/- 2% in the device reporting logs. I have never seen such a wild step change in the reporting level except for this instance of the phantom lock/unlock digital command (and associated confirmed physical lock/unlock action of the lock). I wonder if the battery level is related somehow. If it happens again I will take careful note.