Yale YDR50G (ZigBee)

I tried using generic ZigBee, and still unlock status is not updated automatically.

My lock and hub distance is less than 15 feet, still, do I need repeaters? I just have 1 ZigBee device for now.

As a test put the hub really close to the lock and see if status updates.

I tested it, but it still does not work. Also, I note that HE has weak Z-Wave reception than SmartThings as all Contact sensors worked seamlessly when I used SmartThings. And now, in HE, their response is not getting updated sometime. So I moved HE to proximity.

I am planning to add Z-Wave Repeaters.

z-wave reception strength is pretty much the same as ST... Take a look at this... How to Build a Solid Z-Wave Mesh - Hubitat Documentation

'Settings' > 'Zigbee Details' > 'Zigbee Logging' will show you an RSSI figure (signal strength) that the hub is seeing; it will display a value whenever you operate the lock. If the numbers are in the -40's to mid -70's you're OK; once they start getting into the -80's and more negative, that indicates reception is marginal and a repeater would help.

Since it's a child device, you won't be able to tell the reception at the lock itself, however. It's possible that there could still be reception issues but probably not as likely if they're close and there aren't obstructions in the way.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.