Yagusmart 4 button Scene Switch

Thank you for the feedback @vulpix0r @Geoff_T @Inge_Jones !

Currently, the TS004F driver does not set explicitly the battery reporting intervals, so the device works with its default settings.

In the next week, I will look closer and will experiment with configuring the battery reporting intervals, although there is no guarantee this will work. A lot of Tuya devices just confirm the ZIgbee commands with a return code 'OK', but sometimes do nothing ... If it happens to work, I will set 12 hours battery reporting interval.

I'm not having the problem with the TS004F driver, it's one of my TS0044s that stopped reporting battery, using the inbuilt driver. Geoff was talking about his TS0044s too. I wonder if it's worth starting a new thread for your driver to prevent confusion?

though actually I have just checked and the TS004F seems to have stopped as well, leaving just one TS0044 working

Yes, mine are TS0044s and all using the inbuilt Tuya Zigbee Scene Switch Driver.

Weirdly, all 3 of mine behave differently regarding battery reporting.

One only ever seems to report battery when a button is pressed, the other two report at varying intervals regardless of button presses. Sometimes it's a 4 hour interval sometimes less and the one that was reporting every 20 mins yesterday has now settled down to once every 4 hours.

I'm wondering if, because I moved it from one room to another, it was picking up new routing information and that prompted the LED flash and battery update at the same time?

They all still work OK though!

I was thinking the same, but I was also wondering if another thread will not create even more confusion? The two models look the same and are sold under one and the same brand name and it may be difficult for most of the users to decide in which thread to post.

In this case it was just my fault nor reading carefully the posts...

One question: are you actually using the release/ held events in your automations? My driver is wrongly sending the 'held' event, while the inbuilt driver sends the correct 'release' event. I can correct this in the next version of my e driver. Unfortunately, both TS0044 and TS004F models do not send a pair of held/release events as other multi-button devices do.

I program both held and release for the same purpose on my button controller rules so it's easy to add incompatible buttons to the same rule. At the moment I don't have any buttons that send both separately!

I am using Osram Lightify Smart Switch and Philips Dimmer Button Controller HE inbuilt drivers). Both are capable of sending hold and release events, which makes a great dimming experience! I was using ABC app and NodeRed, but I see now the inbuilt Button Controller also allows to use 'Start raising/lowering dimmer' and 'Stop changing dimmer' for smart bulbs, groups, etc.

Thanks for this, this saves me sending back my new black and grey switches!

1 Like

In case this is useful to anyone, I also designed a 3D print to desk mount these.

tuya

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/151035-tuya-zigbee-wireless-4-button-remote-stand

1 Like

damn, that was a godsent haha. Thanks very much

1 Like