Yaaaaaaaaaaas! (Tuya AM43 Blinds Drive)

Waiting for the blinds to arrive this week

1 Like

Any luck with getting it integrated?

It works fine. Have played with it but can't fully install it till the shade is here this week. Pairing was easy once I realized the sequence (hold mode button and down until blue light flashes). Works as expected.

Can I ask what driver you used please?

The one in hubitat package manager by @amosyuen

Driver discussion at [RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver

1 Like

I'm really interested in this. From what I can see, they will work with vertical blinds. But... could they be set up not only to open the blinds but also to draw them open? Sort of like, you get one to do the first and another to do the second?

Also, if you are pairing these with Hubitat, do you need to get the bridge that these work with or do they work directly with Hubitat?

Also, another thought - if you have them properly paired in Hubitat, you should be able to import them in Alexa and control them through voice controls too, right?

They work directly with hubitat. And yes in alexa or google you can control them

1 Like

How’d u get a solar panel?

It comes with it even though it's not shown on aliexpress

Thx, is it loud? How long did shipping take?

quiet, about a week

So places I'm hearing it called the Zemismart and other place I see it called Tuya... are they one and the same brand?

yes

Finally got mine, Zemismart AM43 Blinds Drive. Looking forward to trying it out.

Does the solar panel on this Zemismart AM43 not function as a charger? The instructions seem to indicate that it is only a sensor.

Hope it charges. Just recently ordered 2x AM43s from Moes during the AliExpress "Prime Day" sale. Part-way through redecorating a couple of rooms. Not even bought the blinds yet (!!!) but, on the back of info gleaned from you lot, I thought it would be a good time to pounce on a deal. :slight_smile:

It is a trickle charger you mount on the glass or wherever there is sunlight

1 Like

"trickle charger?" I take it that means that it charges very slowly?

Do you find that it is sufficient to keep the motor charged or do you have to supplement by plugging in the other charger?

With regular use, a fully charge will last around 6-8 mos