Yaaaaaaaaaaas! (Tuya AM43 Blinds Drive)

Does the solar panel on this Zemismart AM43 not function as a charger? The instructions seem to indicate that it is only a sensor.

Hope it charges. Just recently ordered 2x AM43s from Moes during the AliExpress "Prime Day" sale. Part-way through redecorating a couple of rooms. Not even bought the blinds yet (!!!) but, on the back of info gleaned from you lot, I thought it would be a good time to pounce on a deal. :slight_smile:

It is a trickle charger you mount on the glass or wherever there is sunlight

1 Like

"trickle charger?" I take it that means that it charges very slowly?

Do you find that it is sufficient to keep the motor charged or do you have to supplement by plugging in the other charger?

With regular use, a fully charge will last around 6-8 mos

How long does it take to charge it with the electrical charger?

maybe an hour from dead?

Where’d you order from?

AliExpress. I don't know of any other place that has it.

Hi
I got the zigbee model (AM43-0.45/40-ES-EZ(TY) ) today; but failed to pair it with HE.

I tried holding the set button for 3 seconds (and have the RED LED lit up); still no success.
Does anyone have any success in pairing it with HE?
Thanks

You have to press the set and down button at the same time to initiate pairing

1 Like

Thank you! you are the best!
I contacted zemismart, unfortunately, they were not able to help me with the right answer.

I got it from the manual that came with it (although the print is really small)

LOL...I must have been blind not to find it on my manual; thank you!

In case anyone needs the manual for Zemismart Zigbee Blinds AM43-0.45/40-ES-EZ(TY) model; the following is what was provided to me:

I'm rather disappointed with these AM43 Blinds Drives. Several months after buying my first batch of these, two of them have come off the walls. I originally used the sticky tape, and they just ended up coming off and peeling some of the sheetrock off as well.

I tried nailing them back in, but with limited success. There is underlying metal beneath the sheet rock so I can't use the anchors. Sadly, this meant the nails were less effective.

Wondering if anyone else has had these problems and how they got around it.

Sorry for this comment, but seeing as the drywall paper ripped off, I would not blame the drives and more your installation, The tape and drives did hold up to the task but the blinds you have are the putting a strain on your setup and all that force finally got to your drywall. You'll either need to anchor those down with screws in the metal or find blinds that don't require as much force to open/close. I would probably do both to be on the safe side.

1 Like

1/16th drill then use the screws that came with them. I don't bother using 3m tape with anything that requires torque. Mine has been fantastic and once I had the tension right have been flawless.

1 Like

Did you use the anchors with yours? Because I'm unable to due to the metal backing behind the sheetrock.

Use a drill then the flush metal screws that came with it

1 Like

I appreciate this is an old post, but im struggling with pairing.

Im holding the set and down buttons, i get short burst of blue led flash, but the ams43 doesnt get discovered by my HE

Am i missing something? if it matters, this is my first zigbee item