XTCU and timing

Sometimes I'm unsure where things should be put within the community. This is just a note -
Recently while working on a smell monitor for the bathroom I played with :

The most time consuming part was getting the driver correct for my Windows 10 64x machine - which in the end was simple. From the Sparkfun website, which is the easiest source I found acquire:
Windows FTDI VCP Driver Executable - v2.12.28 (CDM21228_Setup.exe)

Followed the instructions - and after I ran my scan and exported it into Excel I found a number of devices missing. Head scratching - I remembered I had played with the scan repetition and had set it to 5 as well as set it to Remove nodes not discovered in last scan. (I also used the 100D firmware and modded the profile to set the rs232 to 115000 and save some basic values like extended PAN ID fwiw).
I changed the setting on remove nodes back to OFF and set scan to 10 iterations. Lo and behold the other devices eventually came into being. 5 devices took from 10-17 minutes before they appeared. I ran this scan a number of times and saw the same results. The last device was a smartthings smart button fwiw. All and all tho for $40 a very fun project.

1 Like