[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

He is. He was on Twitter just a couple months ago.

1 Like

Oh this is good to hear. Nice guy. Donā€™t know why he logged off here and the ST forum, but great to learn heā€™s alright.

3 Likes

Hi, I have noticed that there is a temperature feature and have managed to make it work for all models. Now I have also noticed that there is a power consumption feature, which I have not fixed yet.
Do you still want the code or wait until it is fixed? I could send an update later.

BTW do you happen to know if the "non" neutral switches are supposed to have the power consumption feature? None of them seem to, but I am not sure if this is a bug or just physics.

Some of the other features did not work for the non-neutral and some not for the 3 switch model. So I am not sure about this specific feature...

I know with inovelli reds if you do a non-neutral install you loose the power sense capability. So it doesnā€™t surprise me with these devices. Current sense could still be done but their cct design might not accommodate it that way.

1 Like

Hi, does anyone have the latest driver for Aware door/window sensor. I'm using v0.7.2. When pairing, the device(s) won't initialize. Can anyone advise on this please. I'm migrating from ST and have 5 of these contact sensors. Thanks in advance guys

This one is working OK for me.

@bobbles thanks for this, I now have success. However my dashboard tile doesn't seem to acknowledgee that they are contact sensors. The tiles are showing the unknown questionmark as though it's the wrong device. Can you offer any help please.

Check the device and make sure it has the correct driver and the sensor is showing as a contact sensor.
Do not delete the device.
If it has the correct driver and is showing as a contact sensor, go into discover zigbee devices again, hold in the reset button to reset the device and let it discover the device again.
Sometimes this does the trick.
I don't know why but sometimes these devices need to be discovered again to get them to work ok.
Good luck.

That's done the trick @bobbles. Brilliant help, appreciated

1 Like

@andre-berlin yes please I'd still like the drivers please.

Perhaps not the best topic to be chatting on as the drivers that you modified are Markus' drivers, so I'll tag you on the thread there

Xiaomi Smart Home Mijia Honeywell Smoke Detector:

After connecting the device and installing the driver I can access my new device. :+1:

The first ā€œTestā€ command works, after a while the battery status (100%) is shown, and even my push on the little button of my device raised a smoke=ā€œtestingā€¦ā€ event in Hubitat.

Great! Butā€¦

Iā€™ve noticed that the log is now flooded with ā€œParse STARTā€ messages; The lastClear state is set 10 to 20 times a minute! I fear that the battery will be fast drained...

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much for this - needed a driver for an Aqara motion sensor and vibration sensor, worked perfectly!

HI there, Thanks for all your help with these drivers! I was looking at this thread but theres a lot here... and I couldn't nail a solution down..

I am trying to figure out how to set the sensitivity of my Aqara vibration sensors.... I can practically knock them over and they don't pick up....

Thank you for any help!

Unfortunately, you can't with these drivers. The smarthings contact sensor is much more sensitive but is no longer available. (It can be done if you're using zigbee2mqtt or deconz platforms but that's another story altogether.)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply....Oh man I just got these.... is there way to set the sensitivity when connected to Mi home and have it "stick" when connected to Hubitat? I was avoiding mi-connector...maybe you can point me the direction of zigbee2mqtt

any other drivers U can suggest I try?

check @chirpy's drivers here. I haven't used them (yet) but may have that.

Otherwise https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/ with this particular note Set sensitivity of the Aqara Vibration sensor Ā· Issue #3028 Ā· Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt Ā· GitHub.

If you search for deconz you should be able to find similar resources quite easily. Both these solutions will require a middleman (eg raspberry pi) and additional zigbee sticks which may be overkill.

I don't know although it "may" be possible if the sensitivity is set within the device. I guess you can test this with the app.

Otherwise look for a used smartthings contact sensor somewhere or another brand device. Suggest you open a new thread asking for advice on such sensors to get a wider audience.

Thank you for the direction.... I may have to return these... I do have an RPI running Hoobs....have to weigh whether this is worth the effort....

I keep beating on Hubitat and Homekit solutions for washer/dryer notifications...I am using a smartthings plug and an eve plug with power metering but I was hoping a couple vibration sensors would make it easier.....

There are a couple of community apps written to use power plugs for washing machine notification if you haven't already seen them. You might want to check those out.

Thanks I have a couple of Shelly plugs I preordered that should ship soon by recommendation on here but did not know about the apps.... I will check those out thanks for the tip...but I had high hopes for these things for even a mailbox or dishwasher but they arenā€™t even playing well with rules when they do trigger so I might play with it a bit more till I get my Shellys.... and if I donā€™t find good use Iā€™ll return them.

There have been also some projects posted for mailbox alerts too!

1 Like