Xiaomi Aqara Sensor not reporting

Mine is the same.

I just removed it and added it again to see if that makes a difference.

Do you have to run an Aqara Smart Hub?

No, other than to see if there are any FW updates for the device. Having the Aqara hub won't help w/connecting it to Hubitat. As noted, Aqara devices can be troublesome on Hubitat due to Aqara going their own way on their Zigbee devices.

I agree, no additional hub needed, BUT I find that Aqara devices stay connected better if they are on an “Aqara friendly” repeating device such as my SONOFF S40LITE plug.

1 Like

Others that appear to play nicely w/Aqara are the tiny Tuya USB plug repeater (very easy to hide), and the very large SonOff USB Dongle P repeater (requires flashing to configure as repeater.)

1 Like

What is a good Temp/Humidity Sensor that works well with the Hubitat?

I don't really follow the status of these types of devices very much, but IIRC there are some Tuya sensors temp/humidity that one of our members @kkossev has written drivers for that appear to work well. One w/display below:

And Centralite sensors are usually very solid and supported by built-in drivers:

https://www.amazon.com/Freezing-Holidays-Temperature-Notified-Tempurature/dp/B07BSXX5TD

I have a Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 Motion Sensor that does Temperature and Humidity.

• deviceId: 8449
  • deviceModel: ZSE40
  • deviceType: 8225
  • firmwareVersion: 16.09
2 Likes

I use sonoff and they have been solid for me, and cheap

1 Like

A pack of these will make your Zigbee mesh stronger.
https://www.amazon.com/SONOFF-Lite-Zigbee-Certified-SmartThings/dp/B09XMH3X3G

1 Like

@TArman are those plugs actually extenders also?

Right now this Aqara sensor is like less than 10 ft from the Hubitat. So an extender is probably not needed. But as other sensors are added, I can see needing an extender.

It looks like the removal of the sensor and adding it back to the Hubitat has it working better. It is now communicating with the Hubitat every 10 mins like it should.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. Now on to the next problem.

Yes, and it is noted that Aqara sensors and other devices work best through a repeater/extender, and not directly connected to the hub.

1 Like

You will run into trouble again. There is no ZigBee 3 temp/humid sensor from Aqara right now.
I have tons of the same sensors and work flawlessly with the Aqara hub but not so well directly pair to Hubitat or Home Assistant Zigbee2Mqtt.

Hi Tom, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll share what some others have commented, which is that the Sonoff lite Zigbee plugs don't have the strongest signal. Please search the forums and you'll see

1 Like

Can confirm.

1 Like

I think you will find that the problem was with the S31 plugs. I have found the S40 plugs to be extremely reliable and have good coverage.
Once paired with the S40 plug, none of my Aqara devices drop off the mesh.

It's not the strongest so go with Sonoff 3 dongle. I have 3 Aqara temp/humid sensors around 100 feet away without issue for over a year. This is at my brother's house running Home assistant where you can pick router to pair the device to with Zigbee2MQTT.

1 Like

I have always wondered how this works on Z2M and whether it works always or not…

Has anyone looked at Z2M code or sniffed how a Zigbee device can be forced to join the network via specific router?

FYI @Tony @dandanache @garyjmilne

I’ve had good luck simply bringing the device really close to the repeater I want it to use and rejoining. Worked for me. The rejoined devices will mark the repeater as their parent device. These relationships are visible with the Zigbee Monitor Driver.

I don't know about the code but there's a dropdown menu where you select which router you want to pair a device to. 99% success rate for me.

1 Like