WYZE CAM V3 - SIREN control

I just got four Wyzecam V3's and am playing with one. It has a built in alarm, which I can control with the WYZE app.

Has anyone figured out how to control the alarm with Hubitat? I added the new cam to my IFTTT device list, as that is how I get a motion detection signal out of them. I was hoping to see a "THEN" function to control the alarm but there is nothing there yet. It is a cool feature that I would really love to use with Hubitat :wink:

Im still waiting on mine :frowning: ordered mine late part of the black friday promo 1yr of cam plus get a free cam... guess i dont remember the siren part tho. Is it loud?

Unless there is an integration in HE for them that I don’t know about (always a possibility) you’ll probably have to hope that the siren is exposed to IFTTT. If it is there are various ways, including a virtual switch that could be used to push an event to IFTTT.

And the IFTTT integration is already lacking, I am not keeping my hopes up

I did see a couple of Java libaries out there where people had reverse engineered the API, that if you were really handy might able to be used as a basis to “play” with the cameras.

FWIW, if you get one in the next few days,... the most recent firmware is still buggy. It tends to lock the camera up after an hour or two.

I was able to sign up as a Beta tester, which gives me access to beta software. Rumor has it that the beta firmware is more stable than the "released" code. I will know in a few hours if that is true or not. If you don't want to deal with beta testing, just wait a few days for them to roll it out as a formal release.

The siren is not "super loud", but it is loud enough to be annoying, which is I guess the point. If you have a half dozen or more of them going off at once, it should make a point.

Has anyone heard of the RTSP firmware to the V3? I have Hikvision IP Cameras around the outside of my house, but ordered a wyze for a baby monitor. Like it so much, got one to put over the pool. Want my wife to get alerts if someone is in there that shouldnt be. Would like those motion alerts to flag hubitat, but cant find any integration.

Here's a faq from Wyze.

The v3 does not support RTSP by default. But we are currently working on the firmware that supports RTSP.

It's not direct but if you have an Android device and willing to spend $4 on Tasker app, you can have a notification to your phone from Wyze camera change a virtual motion sensor in HE like I do. I think people have done similar with Alexa as the middleman also.

Check out this thread about Eufy doorbell where process with Tasker is explained:

You can use TinyCam for motion and object detection triggers to your HE hub for Wyze cameras.