Would be nice to call an URL within the Notifications app

Yeah, these won't work from %device% unless URL encoded, which RM does not do.

One thought would be to add urlEncode as an option for POST and GET in RM. Or, perhaps as a function for String variable operations.

1 Like

Like this:

After the rule ran, here's the result. Notice the s2 variable:

2 Likes

Great, I will keep that in mind now that I know what's possible. For the moment I already finished reworking the low battery check. I just installed the Device Watchdog app and setup a low battery report and it has an option to flip a switch when a report is ready. So I cut out my conditional that checks all 40 battery devices and have it fire off my cgi script when Device Watchdog trips the switch. It still doesn't tell me what device is low battery in my email, but its just a reminder email now for me to check the dashboard/watchdog report. And I added a report and a 2nd virtual switch to send me a reminder email if there is an inactive device report.

the app i posted sends a battery report nightly (you pick the time) like this..

you can send it to any notification device including your phone.. I ported it to hubitat from smartthings.

1 Like

I already created a battery dashboard based on some other thread I saw which was really easy. So I can scroll down the phone and any low battery shows in red. The email is just a reminder to me that there is something to look at. I haven't had a report run yet from Watchdog, but I'm fine now for this project.