Woot.com Sale on new Smart Locks

No free cameras... They are $50 in addition to the Lock you choose. But the camera is not required, is my understanding.

Well, I just placed the order … and it did let me purchase 2x locks without the camera … we'll see what happens when they ship

Apparently very popular as the site is timing out for me.

according to homeless despot website the kwikset conversion is z-wave plus and includes the inner motorized piece with z-wave 500 series chip

BTW- isitdownrightnow indicates woot is down for last 11 minutes

no, lots of people complaining, and woot is crashing their own site making it look like a cam and a lock for 35 bucks, but in reading woot forum, the cam is 50 plus the lock price, so at a minimum of 85 for both

I believe the version that Amazon sells is Zigbee, not Z-Wave. At least that is what others here in the forum have mentioned, and that is what reviewers on Amazon.com have stated. Since these are designed to work in the Amazon ecosystem, which only supports Zigbee to my knowledge, I am hoping that they are in fact Zigbee. I ordered a few to try out.

Here is the thread where these Kwikset locks are discussed.

you sir, are correct. The amazon version IS zigbee

Thank You

1 Like

So do you need a Kwik smart Lock and this is a conversion kit for it. I don't have any smart locks. Would this be useful for me?

My understanding is that the Kwikset Lock Conversion kits ($35) simply replaces the inside portion of your existing deadbolt. This the. Allows a Zigbee hub, like Hubitat, to lock and unlock the deadbolt.

Amazon sells these in conjunction with a special version of the camera to be used for Amazon package deliveries. My understanding is that the camera is not required if these are paired with a compatible Zigbee hub.

Be aware that the conversion kit still uses your existing key-based external portion of your deadbolt. There is no external keypad.

I out one in my cart and it sold out while I was filling out the CC info lol .. damnnnnnnnnn

No biggie. I have one on front but I was going to add a second automation lock on the back door.

It’s a conversion kit for the inside of your lock. Outside stays same

Yeah, you are correct that it replace the lock knob on the inside of the door. The outside key lock remain the same and still need a key.

I know folks are buying it thinking they are getting the complete set lol

I bought 2 of the complete sets, one Smartcode 914 and one Smartcode 916, last week on clearance at Lowe’s for $80 each. You have to check online to see if they are in stock. They keep them locked up, so that’s the only good way to tell.

2 Likes

Psssst The kwikset converts in brass are in stock on the site again... So if you missed your shot earlier, now is the time!

My lock shipped out today, so they are honoring the orders without the cams attached!!!

Mine are "Out for Delivery" - looking forward to working on something 'fun' amidst all of the depressing news in the world right now.

2 Likes

Yup. Just got mine. Locks sans cameras. I’ll hold on to them for future Zigbee module harvesting. So far, my Zwave versions are working fine ... if the Covid doesn’t get to them! :microbe:

Just saw this on Slickdeals if someone wants one with a keypad and Zigbee. Pretty good price considering I paid $220 for mine in 2015

That’s about the price I paid for ours used. A good deal!

Those touch screens are finicky though. I swapped that lock on to an interior deadbolt, and ended up using a push-button Kwikset on the outside. My wife is much happier now that she doesn’t have to take her gloves off during the winter :slight_smile:

1 Like

I installed two of these Kwikset Conversion lock kits this evening. The installation on my existing Schlage deadbolts was a little finicky, trying to get things perfectly aligned for smooth mechanical operation. They both paired easily with my Hubitat hub and seem reasonably responsive. Status updates are instantaneous. So far, so good for $35 a piece.

3 Likes