Woohoo! Working Water Sensor!

A huge shout out to @kkossev. He wrote a driver for the Tuya Neo Coolcam Zigbee Water Leak Sensor. Works perfectly. Very solid on the mesh. Looks EXACTLY like the Dome Z-Wave Water Sensor that we can't seem to get anymore, it also comes with a probe like the dome (I use one in my water softener tank).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NEO-Tuya-ZigBee-Smart-Home-Water-Leak-Sensor-Wireless-Flooding-Detector-Leakage-Detection-Alert-Level-Overflow-Alarm-Life-App-Remote-Control-Works-Wi/374860039

4 Likes

You’ll never guess what I just ordered…. :wink:

1 Like

@kkossev put in HSM, use tag ZIGBEE

1 Like

Thanks! Found it and installed it. Will be able to try it mid-end of April when it finally arrives from Walmart Canada.

1 Like

How long is the probe - it's hard to tell w/the pics. These might be helpful for me in places where I need a sensor, but have to move a bunch of stuff to get to it each timeo I have to replace a battery...and does it look like the probe cord could be extended using a length of electrical wire?

The price is good on these too. I use the dome version with my water softener. I put the sensor on top of the salt and it goes off when it hits the brine and notifies me it needs salt. Rest of em under sinks, water heaters etc. (I have a few more to install) and have to get the one back from @mike.maxwell when he's done with it.

3 Likes

48" (46"without the probe end or the plug end)

1 Like

This is such a great idea...never thought of this approach. Perfect....

1 Like

Excellent - that would be enough to make things much simpler.

Think I could splice in some wire to extend it? Just simple voltage change signal on the wire, right?

I don't see why not.... You'd obviously have to play with it..

1 Like

Sorry for the barrage...this will work w/out any special repeater requirements, right? I'm hoping this Isn't like the Aqara where you have to worry about things like that.

Nope, been solid on my mesh and I don't use anything special

1 Like

Thanks!! Three on the way. :smiley:

The driver is published now in this Hubitat community thread:

3 Likes

My three arrive tomorrow!

1 Like

Brilliant idea for any relatively new fathers/mothers in the HE community. Sew battery end of sensor into back of child's shirt (or maybe into a small vest they can wear over their clothes), run the sensor down into the underwear.

VOILA, you have a mobile potty-pants detector. :smiley:

1 Like

With disposable sensors? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not sure this would work unless taped to the urethra as either diaper, pull-up, or underwear would absorb it on contact.

So just as a warning to all - I ordered three of these on Walmart. Package arrived today and I received below - 2 of the ordered sensors, and a third "Moes" leak detector that I didn't order/don't want/need, as I only need wired sensors at this point. More on the Moes sensor here:

https://www.amazon.com/MOES-Required-Wireless-Detector-Bathroom/dp/B09G676VN1/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=241TA1SGXNLFR&keywords=moes+water+leak&qid=1649364859&sprefix=moes+water+leak%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQUtRVENBWU9OTUtKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzM2MzU0MlJVVURFQzlWUUE5MSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDE3MDc1MlNaWTZMV00zWUM3USZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I've messaged the seller ("Fancy Style") via Walmart's system and said they need to ship the third sensor, or promptly refund the cost of one of the sensors. Will see how they respond.

What I received: Two as expected, and the one "Moes" that was unexpected/not wanted.

1 Like

Does it even come with the pigtail? Does it pair and work (just curious)