Wonderful Community Becoming a Victim of Hubitat's Success?

Whoa mama, I definitely will (and have :wink: ). Life is too short for me to spend my personal time on aggravation.

1 Like

Each to there own, if people want to block others, that's fine, if not, that's fine as well.

I'm loathed to make this comment because it sounds like I'm imparting some kind of blame on victims.... But if people feel comfortable to call out behaviour like this (and it doesn't have to be the person a comment is directed to), making the person aware of the impacts of what they have done, rather than simply blocking them, then it can have a benefit in stopping it happening again to others. Civil discussion about it on the forum may also help inform others of the standards people expect, much like what is happening here now that I think about it.

Ok, I'll get back down off my horse....

3 Likes

Be Excellent To Each Other Keanu Reeves GIF

4 Likes

I agree with that. Sometimes though, there are people that are just abrasive even after attempts to play nice. Those are the ones that get blocked. I'm not a 'one offense' blocker. :wink:

4 Likes

I was expecting an entirely different post.

I had just checked my database size and it remains under 50 minnows. Remember when it was constantly exploding to hundreds of thousands of minnows? No more!

More and more devices are natively supported by HE. Package Downloader makes keeping up to date easy. The Z-Wave and Zigbee networks seem to be less finicky, etc.

I was expecting that we wouldn't need the Forum any more because everything just worked with no discussion needed!

My mistake!

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Does everything work in your house? :wink: :grin:

1 Like

Right this minute - yes!

1 Like

This is like saying "with all due respect...", or "I'm not trying to be a dick, but..."

2 Likes

Not sure why this thread popped into my feed, but it sure was interesting reading. Pretty sure every tech chat room has at least one such posting, but to say the OP's title stands in stark contrast to the current HE atmosphere is an understatement.

Don't think I've yet bumped into another Forum user who rubbed me the wrong way, much less enough to Block or Mute them (though fond of those tools on Facebook, Twitter, Nextdoor, etc.).

So far, my experiences here have been incredibly positive and educational (thanks esp. to all the devs who are light years ahead of me, sharing their hard-won knowledge). Have the troublemakers all been "taken care of" somehow? :firecracker:

9 Likes

:man_shrugging:

This whole thread was much ado about nothing, IMO.

4 Likes

This thread should have been closed a long time ago...

Bye bye

8 Likes