[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

@brlewis01, have you thought about creating a Rule Machine Rule that is activated by a virtual button, and that presses the 5 buttons?

You could either have 1 rule per button, or 1 rule that activates on one of 3 button presses, and then executes a rule depending on the button press.

I used the method from @cybrmage above:

Create an action in Rule Machine to send a code. Select action type "Set Mode or Variables, Run Custom Action", then "Run Custom Action", then select "Actuator" under "Select capability of action device". Select your device in the list, choose "SendCode" or "SendProntoCode" as the action, select "string" as the parameter type, then paste the code into the "string value" field, then click "done with this action. You can also choose "SendStoredCode" and specify the name of the stored code in the "string value" field.

You can then trigger this action from any event in Rule Machine. I trigger my blind to go all the way up at 10am and all the way down at sunset.

Great work! It automatically discovered my MP1 electric strip. However, for some reason
I cannot control it.

Hi , is it possible to reverse use the device. By this I mean using the broadlink RM device to recognize a button press on a remote and the IR/RF code is then passed on to Hubitat. Based on the code , Hubitat rules can be programmed to perform various automation functions.

Update to this - the rules run successfully only some of the time. Trying to figure out if it is a problem with the Hubitat, the Broadlink or the Blinds themselves... If anyone has any insight as to flakey triggering of the Broadlink from the rule machine please let me know!

I am using Rule Machine to trigger two different Broadlink Mini's using stored code commands... Twice a day to trigger our robot vacuums. So far the only problems I have run into is if the Broadlink's have lost their network connection or gotten their IP changed.

@cybrmage
Thank you SO much for this.
I installed today without any problems and am using it to control an obscure RF controlled fan

I really appreciate the work involved in creating this.
Well done!

Now all I have to do is write a little app to trigger the different speeds that I have stored.
(I don’t have Rule Machine installed on any of my hubs)

Thank you again.

Andy

Cobra, sounds like you are not planning to do a RM for this... If you create an app, I would love to get a copy if you feel like sharing and having someone test it! (Though I suspect I would need to modify to use my learned commands...?)

In case you or others may be interested, I am sharing what I have setup in RM. I created a virtual fan to control it via a dashboard tile. It works great! (I am not a programmer however, so there may be much more efficient ways to do this! - If I'm lucky, I'll get some recommendations for improvements... :wink: )

Manual Fan:

I also setup a RM for it turn on and off automatically - will be testing it this summer. (I wish there was a "Case" option in RM!!!)

Automated Fan:

My plan is to use the app to send the names of stored actions/codes directly to the driver.

E.g I have a stored code for my fan ‘Stop’ my app will be configurable to send this (or any) command to the driver to ‘activate’ a stored code.

That is, at least, the plan.
I’d like to setup temperature input to control the speed of my fan as well as a schedule or two.
I’m sure I can think of a few other functions.

I have a special ‘Beta’ area for members testing my new apps etc., but it doesn’t seem that you have a membership on my website.
I don’t release open source code anymore

Andy

You can PM me if you would like me to become a member.

Hi all,

I'm looking to connect two Dooya DV24-CE/L-0.6/34 blind motors to HE. The motors run on 433 MHz RF frequency band.

Someone recommended a Broadlink RM Pro hub, and I came across this thread. I wanted to find out from others what the HE / Broadlink integration is like? Does it work well?

EDIT-nevermind as I realize the app does not import FROM the RMPro to HE, but the other way around.
Many thanks. Been wanting to do this since starting with HA 3 years ago.
Installed both app & driver, however when I hit import the app won't pull my TV codes from the broadlink. Where did I go wrong? and thank you again, really amazing
App page:

@mikeb147
I'm using this device to control my 6 speed fan via RF - Works brilliantly!

I've also setup a couple of tests to control my Sony TV via IR - Also works perfectly

This is working really well for me

Andy

@mikeb147, I am using the Boradlink RM Pro+ which is an earlier version of the same as you are looking at, and it works perfectly. I control my Fujitsu Mini-Split with it via IR and also a fan via RF which is on another floor. I am extremely happy with my decision to purchase this.

Cybrmage's app and drivers linked on this page is really awesome!

@cybrmage thanks for your efforts on Broadlink integration. I have the driver and app installed in Hubitat. I have successfully used the app to learn IR codes and have dashboard buttons that successfully execute those IR codes. I am looking for assistance for the RF portion of things. When I use the HE Broadlink Beta app to learn RF I receive the expected prompt to "Press and Hold RF button" , upon doing so the learning mode just goes to cancelled and then idle.
Here are the logs:
dev:6202020-04-27 10:34:53.618 am traceRF_Status: IDLE
dev:6202020-04-27 10:34:52.101 am traceRF_Status: CANCELLED
dev:6202020-04-27 10:34:52.003 am traceRF_Status: SWEEP : LED = OFF : FAILED. Release RF Remote button.
dev:6202020-04-27 10:34:31.407 am traceRF_Status: SWEEP: LED = ON : Press AND Hold button on RF Remote.

I think the issue is because my dashboard never updates to tell me to release the RF.

I do all my 'learning' from the device page
This has worked flawlessly for both RF and IR

Once learned, I just hit 'Store Code' after entering a name and it works every time

EDIT: Removed the word driver :slight_smile:
I meant the device page

I am not sure I understand what you mean by device driver page? If I attempt to execute learnRF option on within the broadlink device from the device page it does nothing but highlight the learnRF box. I do not get any response or feedback through that menu. If I go to the Driver Code page that is just the driver code and nothing else.

From the device page...
if you hit this button...

Then on the right- hand side you should see something like this...

This will change once the code is recognised.. then it may ask you to press the remote button a couple of times

Once this is done you can save the code under a name that you can call at anytime..
Just enter a name and hit this button...

Got it. Thank you very much. I gave it a try with the same result. I guess the issue here is the RF transmitter is not recognized. I think that my RM Pro + only supports 433mhz. I am trying to register a 315Mhz.