[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

With a button on a dashboard, you are telling the driver to send a specific code or stored code...

For the RC HVAC device using the generic protocol, the app builds a name... The name is always four (4) parts...

1. The device label - In your case "Myroom_AC"
  2. The thermostat mode - In your case "off"
  3. The fan mode - in your case, unknown (you don't provide enough infor... but one of the fan modes "auto", "low", "medium", "high", etc
  4. The temperature setpoint - Whatever temperature setpoint currently is

so the code name would be something like "Myroom_AC_off_auto_20"...

Now... Some will say that with the mode being "off", the fan and temperature are not needed... However, there are some units that allow the fan to operate independently of the heat/cool... So I am reluctant to limit the utility by truncating the code name.

If your unit does not allow seperate operation... just copy the code and import it under the individual names....

OR... You can tell me what model of AC/HVAC you are using and I can try to incorporate the protocol into the application...

1 Like

This worked for me thanks!

Sanyo SAP-K256M (I have a universal ac remote called e-thermal KTe-08 and on that remote i set it to mode number 529. Not sure if this info will help you or not)

1 more thing, is there a way to change the resolution of the temperature control on the HVAC manager? so instead of changing by +/-0.5 it changes by 1?

I have added support for what is purported to be the correct code for this series of units... to v0.11 which I just posted.

No. This is not controlled by the RC HVAC Application... It is controlled by the Thermostat tile in the dashboard... When the HE is set to Celcius units, it allows 0.5 degree changes... When set to Fahrenheit, it allows 1 degree changes... There is no known way to change this...

Don't worry though... The application knows that the vast majority of the HVAC devices do not support 0.5 degree increments and adjusts the data send to the units so they are always full degrees... Just know that the setpoint displayed on the dashboard is always rounded down...

Got it.

Just tried v0.11 and unfortunately it doesn't work on my ac. Maybe its just too old :confused: guess I'll have to add the codes manually

Send me some of the codes you have learned by private message....

Specifically...

off
heat_auto_27
heat_auto_20
cool_auto_27
cool_auto_20
cool_medium_27
cool_medium_20

That should give me enough info to deduce the protocol...

2 Likes

Thanks again @cybrmage for all your great work on these apps and drivers!

For anyone who is interested in using the Inlet and Outlet sensor options, I have set this up using Samsung Multi-Purpose Sensors (Bought them when they were on sale from Amazon.ca):
Samsung SmartThings Multi-Purpose Sensor

I took care to place them in areas where they wouldn't interfere with the proper functioning of the mini-split unit and would provide me with the readings that I needed.

Here's what the end result looks like. The one on top (inside the inlet cover) is the Inlet sensor and the one in the outlet vanes is the Outlet Sensor. It is important to place the sensors in a way that will also allow the cover to be removed to change the battery, and the pin hole to be accessible to reset if necessary. The sticker on these is really, really sticky, so be careful when sticking them in place...

Here's what the Child App configuration (RC HVAC Device (BETA) Version 0.11) looks like with my setup:

Just released... RC HVAC Manager v0.13... Adds support for Sanyo / Sanyo152 IR protocols...

@cybrmage Many thanks for the great driver installation instruction and development.
I have installed the driver & app both working perfictly with remote control but i was unable to discover & control my broadlink TC2 light switches.
However all my broadlink TC2 light switches already paired with IHC app and my RM pro discovered by HE.

Regards
Haval

The TC2 switches are not (directly) supported by the App..

The TC2 switches are not network devices, so they can not be discovered and controlled by the app. They are a 433MHz RF controlled switch. This is why they are advertised as requiring a RM Pro to operate properly.

These switches do not "pair" with the IHC or eControl applications. What happens when you "pair" them is that IHC/eControl creates a virtual device and and the switch generates the control codes and transmits them and the RM Pro learns them and the IHC/eControl app stores them in this virtual device for later use.

So there are several issues with this...

1. The method used by the IHC/eControl app to automate the learning of the multiple codes generated by the TC2 in unknown at this time.
  2. The codes generated by the TC2 do not seem to conform to the known format for 433MHz RF codes as used by the known RF Learn functions on the RM Pro
  3. The TC2 switch does not report it's status, as the only time it communicates with IHC/eControl is during the "pair" process... So the switch can very easily get out of sync.

So, right now, the only way to control the TC2 switch from HE would be to extract the codes generated during the "pairing" from the IHC or eControl app... Unfortunately this is not a process that can be automated on the HE, and is beyond the scope of this app...

If you do manage to extract the codes from IHC/eControl, then send them to me (using PM) and I will update the app/driver to allow sending them...

Are you able to copy your remote codes to RM plugin? If you are successful with that, you can then use RM plugins http link server to extract the code for your device, Then you could insert it into the Hubitat app manually, giving Hubitat control of your device

Man... U R awsome for this great job You are doing :slight_smile:
I'm relatively a new HE user (2 weeks or so) and this post/app/driver made my day and will make my life easier from now on :slight_smile:
Keep it up!
And simple: Thank You!

I have this 99% working but cont seem to get over the finish line. The app on my phone works and I can learn codes but I cant seem to get the Hubitat to do it. I am able to learn codes in the hubitat but none actually seem to work and I don't see that any codes are imported from the phone app (IHC). The main issue I see is that on step **Installing the driver (Application):**I see the broadlink in available devices but when I click to configure and save it never moves to configured devices. So I don't have anything under configured devices in the broadlink Device manager page. Am I doing something wrong? This is with a RM PRo+ on latest firmware and latest hubitat. Also rebooted both and uninstalled and retried several times . Thanks for any assistance.

1 Like

My IOT devices on a separate Vlan. Manually configuring the driver works well but was wondering if the app could possibly include a feature to scan specified subnets for devices? Or even pick up any manually installed remotes?

I just wanted to say THANKS to @cybrmage for this. I have been bashing my head on a bunch of different things trying to bring my Eufy Robovac 15C into our home automation... Trying hard to get it to respond to tuya-like commands locally without their cloud, but I was having no luck.

Stumbled on this... my Broadlink RM Minis arrived today... and I got this working so not only the 15C is being told additional times to start by Hubitat but so is our original 11. Should be a nice plus as it always seemed odd to "let them have the rest of the day off" once they were charged since you can only program them for once per day.

I am seeing the exact same thing. I can learn RF codes and I cannot successfully send them, nor can I move a device from available to configured in the app. I am on firmware 43 with the device working properly with the app. I confirmed they are both on the same subnet and can reach each other over the network.

Curious and maybe related - in the device section of the IHC app under 'device info' the firmware update cannot access the internet and the load to the cloud says 'failed'. Looks like the app/device can only access the LAN not the WAN. I can control everything from the app just fine. @cybrmage have you seen this behavior?

@cjsdougall and @brlewis01, are you learning the codes in Hubitat, or on the phone's "ihc" app? Commands need to be learned in the app within Hubitat to be usable in Hubitat. Commands that are learned on the phone app will only work within the phone app. I ran had tried that early on... Since I have learned the codes in the Hubitat app, I have had no issue and am using the commands in the dashboard and in RM.

I learned the RF codes using the Hubitat. Worked fine but the device crashed after a few tries and had to be rebooted.

Okay, I figured it out. First off, the RF codes when learned spill off the page on my browser so I am not 100% certain that I had them all copied correctly. Secondly my Broadlink seems to be crashing from time to time and needs to be power cycled. After re-creating the device, re-learning the RF codes paying particular care to copy the entire CODEDATA strings, testing them with sendcode and saving them as stored codes. I can now automate my new custom made Yoolax blinds! Huge kudos to @cybrmage for writing such a well made piece of code. I can now confidently do without the IHC app that comes with the Broadlink device and have the lighting in my home perfect all the time.

1 Like

Sorry I have not replied but a lot going on here. I am glad you got it working finally. I experienced the same thing. For some reason after a lot of installs, reinstalls, reboots and curse words if just started working and works "almost" everytime I need to record an RF code.

I have my Rm Setup and working on 5 shades but that presents 15 buttons on the dashboard (5 up, 5 down and 5 stop) . Seems like you have a better way to do it. Could you please point me in the right direction. I have tried to create a rule with a virtual switch but since the buttons were created on the dashboard they dont show up as choices in the rules engine. I would ideally like all the shades to go up or down with one push of a dashboard button. Thanks