[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

Anyone's hvac devices with these drivers now go in 0.1 degree increments (I'm in celcius) and change if temp in tiles don't seem to change the ac temp. Device page changes it though.

User to be 0.5 degree changes and those changes on a tile sent the new temperature.

Nothing has changed as far as a I know.. Maybe a hub update as the drivers haven't been changed in ages, well since cybrmage left.

Yes, I’ve seen the same issue. I suspect this is due to a platform change. I’ll investigate a bit…

1 Like

Thanks that'd be great.

I tried a few things and noticed 2 new issues on my setup.

1. Changing the temperature now results in the following error:

2. There also seems to be something happening that requires a reboot of the Broadlink device to resolve. It seems to be a separated issue, but when it occurs, no commands get sent from the device. The log shows:

Both of those I suspect will require someone to look at the code to see if the source of the problem can be identified…

From what I can tell, a temperature change can only be sent along with a cooling command - The temperature needs to be changed, then a command to power off, move to fan, etc. When the unit is started again with the new temperature, I think it gets set properly.

Yes I noticed that I had the same error when I turned debug on.

I tried that temp change and then mode change on the tile. Broadlink device transmits the ir code, but the device page doesn't reflect the new temp... But I haven't looked into that much more to check if the tile temp is recieved by the air con (easily checked if I set it to 32 degrees) so will do that over the next day.

1 Like

Seems the increments and temperature not being sent from a tile is a common problem... That should be resolved soon.

I reverted to 2.2.7 until the thermostat tile issue is resolved. My home cooling system is 5 dumb Fujitsu mini splits, controlled with various external zigbee temperature sensors, 5 Broadlink Mini3s, this driver, the average temperature app, 5 virtual thermostat devices, a thermostat dashboard, and some Groovy code.

BTW as mentioned in the 2.2.8 release notes: when reverting to 2.2.7, restoring the database to a 2.2.7 backup is required. This is due to the Rule Machine app being renamed to Rule Machine Legacy in 2.2.8 and perhaps other changes.

1 Like

Occasionally I noticed this error in 2.2.7 and considered adjusting the Broadlink driver's code to reissue the command when a UDP error occurred, but I never had to reboot the IR device. However, since I also had some situations where there was no device error, but the Mini-Split did not respond to the command, I changed my minisplit app code to double issue the IR command, with the second command delayed by two seconds.

1 Like

I've got contact sensors (SmartThings multi) on the louvres of the split and have loops based on the state of the sensor to check its opened or closed. So mine occasionally tries multiple times to send the commands.

1 Like

I was aware of that method, and feel it is a great solution for the failed command problem as long as the unit is switching from on (fan/cool/dry/heat)/off or off/on state.

The way my units are programmed, they change states based upon temperature from off, fan, dry, then cool, and vice versa creating an issue when using contact sensors to verify the command was accepted. However adding an interim "off" command, with a delay between steps, mitigates that problem.

2 Likes

Count me as another one where the tile is broken :frowning:
I'm on 2.2.8.141 and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Also, the thermostat tile now allows you to set the "Temperature Adjustment Increment" but nothing I set it to changes the behaviour. It always goes up in 0.1 steps (Celsius) regardless of what I set the tile setting to where before it was fixed at 0.5.
It's great that we get to choose the adjustment increment as I much prefer it to go in 1 degree steps, but it has to work of course!

Let's hope HE can rectify without us having to edit Cybermage's code.

The other forum topic I've posted in about thermostat tiles indicates they should be fixed. If you try cool mode all works well on tiles most likely. That indicates it's a bug at hubitat side rather than this integration I hope

Working again after the last hubitat update. I Like that it can be set to increment as 1 degree c

1 Like

Unfortunately not working for me. Just updated and while cooling is adjustable in 1 degree C steps, that's still not the case for heating :cry:
Heating commands don't get recognized as a result...

The previous update had that for me. The latest, as in a day ago, works for heat now to. V2.2.8.143

Are you doing it through a browser, so maybe a cache thing?

1 Like

Just tried through the app and you're 100% correct! Working perfectly now so must be a caching thing as when I tested it originally, I was indeed going through a browser.
Thx @peterbrown77.pb!

1 Like

I'm very glad this is resolved and wasn't a problem with the integration of broadlink..

Was thinking the other day, that if @cybrmage was still here that it could have saved me 200 Australian dollars and not bought a sensibo Air for my garage AC (that replaced a broadlink device) that doesn't have a profile in this integration (and for some reason I couldn't learn the off command either)..

It made me realise that that dollars could have gone into his pocket instead to support his work here. I know that he declined any donations I offered him before he left, and likely wasn't allowed here anyway, but it got me thinking how much value his work has been to me.

Yeah definitely a shame as I think this would be quite the popular addon. It already is quite good and popular of course, but could have gotten even better with more supported devices. I wouldn't have minded the possiblity of being able to rename IR or RF codes after they have been learnt either :wink:

FWIW and in case it helps someone, I did not have any success with the built-in Fujitsu codes with my Fujitsu splits but managed a workaround of sorts. With the way the app/drivers were originally written, I would have had to basically learn every single IR command for every Split system even though all my 6 Fujitsus are identical! I was never going to learn about 200 codes per split, so 1200 total!! :sweat_smile:

I mean, even learning 200 is a hassle in itself, but I was willing to go through that effort if it meant I was able to use them across all 6 splits and would be able to use the thermostat tile.
To make that happen, I copied and edited the Generic protocol specifically for the sole purpose of my Fujitsu splits so that I could have differently named HVAC devices that all used the same protocol and the same set of IR commands rather than having to learn the full set of IR commands for each seperate (though identical) HVAC device.

I have been successful with the Off command btw, but I have also edited the code to send the IR code 3 times every time to make sure and that has certainly helped.
The only problem I have, weirdly enough, is that turning a split system on isn't as reliable: it does fine for 4 out of the 6, but 2 very rarely respond. The strange thing about it is that once I turn those 2 on via the physical remote, it then goes on to receive all the other commands perfectly. At first I thought it was just the location of the IR blaster, but I even had my RM mini connected on a battery pack sat straight in front of the unit and it still wouldn't do anything... If not for this annoyance, I'd now have a fully functiona, HE controlled system!

I didn't know about the Sensibo air but it looks like a neat little device. Would've set me back $1,200 for the 6 splits though, so I'm happy to have done the workaround :smiley:
Maybe @cybrmage is the one who developed what I would imagine is a pretty broad set of IR protocols housed in this Sensibo if they claim it works with any IR controlled split system and that's why he didn't continue support here?! :joy:

Sensibo use of all air cons is a little far stretched I feel. Their 200 dollar device is really just a ir only broadlink with more development into the library they have. Plus a cloud server. They climate React function can easily be achieved in rule machine.. Actually one more bonus is the device also detects if you use the remote and updates the state which is the major bonus (not that I care because my remote are locked away).

I'd prefer broadlink to be honest as this integration works locally so faster, less demand on the hub (sensibo integration does use a fair amount of resources) and you can choose any temp sensor as feedback. if cybrmage stayed I'm sure his data base would be "works with all ac" as he added the second Hitachi profile based on my remote only..

I have 5 Fujitsu units using the basic Broadlink app (not the HVAC app) along with my own Minisplit app.

In the Broadlink Device Manager app the "Import codes from child devices" button, solves this issue saving the codes in the device manager app for use with all IR devices when command not found in device driver. I use a subset of ~16 IR codes to handle cool, heat, fan, dry, and off. Also added a bit of code to the Broadlink device driver deleting unwanted IR codes.

Same here. Changing my mini-split code 10 days ago to double issue the mini-split IR command improved overall system reliability. No longer experiencing units failing to turn off, on, or change modes.