[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

I have all my codes in the app, so that's handled.

What occurred: My wifi system began acting really strange, with phones and tablets failing to connect. Traced it to the router DHCP function. Eventually I found that shutting off 5Ghz band stopped the issue. TP-Link support suggested changing the password. For some unknown reason that worked, but then I hit the RM mini issue.

I have five RM Mini3s, one for each room with a Fujitsu mini-split head unit. A personal app used with the living room unit, properly turns the TV, Audio system, and cable box on and off. Currently everything is working with the router's 2.4 band. I have absolutely no desire to re-pair the Minis to the IHC app, reset them in the Broadlink app, then change the settings of my personal mini-split user app. Doing it the first time was a nightmare.

My plan: purchase a new router. Still undecided on brand, perhaps Orbi mesh. Use the same SSID and password currently in use with current router, hopefully putting this mess behind me.

will your router take 3rd party firmware? Like merlin or ddwrt? Might save you from buying a new router and open up a whole bunch of new features

No sure.

However I'm now running an Orbi with two satellites, and for the first time have wifi in my garage. Still can't get a zigbee signal into this cement and rebar Faraday cage fortress.

Do you have an Xbee? The signal is very strong, and it's not hard to setup. About 30-35, for xbee & usb adapter

I was wondering if you'd picked it up. Sounds like it's working out OK :slight_smile:

Did anyone ever find a resolution to this problem?

Never mind I found the below which works very well and is so simple to get up and running on a raspi.

I've managed to set up IR code as well as RF codes with the app however I am encountering a bit of a conflict in my settings.

So far I've set up a RF code for my garage door to open/close and an IR code to turn on/off my fan.

I had initially set up the code repeat setting to zero and the fan was working well. The RF for the gate however was not. I then set up the Code repeats = 1, the RF for my garage door is working fine however the IR for my fan now turns on and immediately off since the signal is sent twice.

Is it possible to set the code repeat only for specific codes or does anyone have any idea how I'd be able to make the two work together?

Thank you kindly

Try editing the Code Data that needs repeat 1 as follows:

If the initial code is 'abc......def' change it to 'abc......defabc......def' (example only Code Data is much longer)

save it.

set repeat to 0

try it

I had tried it previously by getting the idea from one of your previous post #365. Unfortunately it does not work. I think my garage remote is the source of the issue as it seems to need 2 distinct requests to be received in order to open. If I click test Stored code once it doesn't open the door however if I click on it twice rapidly it works

Hmmm...
If you are using RM or a groovy app to issue the command, try setting repeats: 0, then issue the command 2 times.

That is what the app code does when repeats > 0

Hopefully the timing is not too long for it to function.

For my Cable box I had to edit the learned command then cut it in half where it repeated to make it work. I got lucky, I was at my wits end with that device. So maybe eyeball the command code, if it duplicates attempt to cut it then give it a try if issuing it twice does not work.

Thank you so much you just saved me a lot of head scratching. Sending the code twice with RM worked great!

1 Like

I have found 2 small bugs.

SPMini2 not showing eventStatus: On or OFF, so can't make rules with it.

You need to add these 2 lines:
Drivers Code/Broadlink line 247: sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")

Drivers Code/Broadlink line 252: sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")

Also A1 sensor not updating temperature:
Drivers Code/Broadlink line 343: You need to change hasTemp= false > true

I don't know much about coding, but it works now. :smiley:

Thank you for all your hard work. @cybrmage

2 Likes

Is this still the best project for Broadlink IR devices on Hubitat even though it's dead or has something replaced it?

In my opinion, it is, yes.

2 Likes

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

I have this app and driver installed now (from post 289), but am encountering this same issue with RF learning:

The app appears to learn the codes okay, and I had no problem learning and operating in the Broadlink Android app before starting with Hubitat.
The issue looks to be in the actual storing of the code.

The Broadlink can obviously use the codes, but will not play nicely through this integration.
Does anyone have any ideas, or a workaround for this?
RM Bridge - pros/cons? Bond?
TIA

I'm in exactly the same situation. Using v0.50 of app and device driver. Can't find any earlier versions to try... Hopefully, someone here has a working version (not just talk about how awesome it is).

That's great! Which version app and driver are you using? TIA!

I’ve been using version 0.46 for a long time now without issues, so I never felt the need to upgrade. Let me know if that version works better for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dMZq5qjeuSaoS9QGANrvOxsjghUtPfQN/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

Thank you! Unfortunately, the same outcome. Code ERROR, Code not added, Code format not recognized. Broadlink's own app is fine, but with IFTTT not working and HE integration being as it is for me, it's probably time for Plan B: something other than Broadlink Rm3 Pro +

1 Like