[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

My IOT devices on a separate Vlan. Manually configuring the driver works well but was wondering if the app could possibly include a feature to scan specified subnets for devices? Or even pick up any manually installed remotes?

I just wanted to say THANKS to @cybrmage for this. I have been bashing my head on a bunch of different things trying to bring my Eufy Robovac 15C into our home automation... Trying hard to get it to respond to tuya-like commands locally without their cloud, but I was having no luck.

Stumbled on this... my Broadlink RM Minis arrived today... and I got this working so not only the 15C is being told additional times to start by Hubitat but so is our original 11. Should be a nice plus as it always seemed odd to "let them have the rest of the day off" once they were charged since you can only program them for once per day.

I am seeing the exact same thing. I can learn RF codes and I cannot successfully send them, nor can I move a device from available to configured in the app. I am on firmware 43 with the device working properly with the app. I confirmed they are both on the same subnet and can reach each other over the network.

Curious and maybe related - in the device section of the IHC app under 'device info' the firmware update cannot access the internet and the load to the cloud says 'failed'. Looks like the app/device can only access the LAN not the WAN. I can control everything from the app just fine. @cybrmage have you seen this behavior?

@cjsdougall and @brlewis01, are you learning the codes in Hubitat, or on the phone's "ihc" app? Commands need to be learned in the app within Hubitat to be usable in Hubitat. Commands that are learned on the phone app will only work within the phone app. I ran had tried that early on... Since I have learned the codes in the Hubitat app, I have had no issue and am using the commands in the dashboard and in RM.

I learned the RF codes using the Hubitat. Worked fine but the device crashed after a few tries and had to be rebooted.

Okay, I figured it out. First off, the RF codes when learned spill off the page on my browser so I am not 100% certain that I had them all copied correctly. Secondly my Broadlink seems to be crashing from time to time and needs to be power cycled. After re-creating the device, re-learning the RF codes paying particular care to copy the entire CODEDATA strings, testing them with sendcode and saving them as stored codes. I can now automate my new custom made Yoolax blinds! Huge kudos to @cybrmage for writing such a well made piece of code. I can now confidently do without the IHC app that comes with the Broadlink device and have the lighting in my home perfect all the time.

1 Like

Sorry I have not replied but a lot going on here. I am glad you got it working finally. I experienced the same thing. For some reason after a lot of installs, reinstalls, reboots and curse words if just started working and works "almost" everytime I need to record an RF code.

I have my Rm Setup and working on 5 shades but that presents 15 buttons on the dashboard (5 up, 5 down and 5 stop) . Seems like you have a better way to do it. Could you please point me in the right direction. I have tried to create a rule with a virtual switch but since the buttons were created on the dashboard they dont show up as choices in the rules engine. I would ideally like all the shades to go up or down with one push of a dashboard button. Thanks

@brlewis01, have you thought about creating a Rule Machine Rule that is activated by a virtual button, and that presses the 5 buttons?

You could either have 1 rule per button, or 1 rule that activates on one of 3 button presses, and then executes a rule depending on the button press.

I used the method from @cybrmage above:

Create an action in Rule Machine to send a code. Select action type "Set Mode or Variables, Run Custom Action", then "Run Custom Action", then select "Actuator" under "Select capability of action device". Select your device in the list, choose "SendCode" or "SendProntoCode" as the action, select "string" as the parameter type, then paste the code into the "string value" field, then click "done with this action. You can also choose "SendStoredCode" and specify the name of the stored code in the "string value" field.

You can then trigger this action from any event in Rule Machine. I trigger my blind to go all the way up at 10am and all the way down at sunset.

Great work! It automatically discovered my MP1 electric strip. However, for some reason
I cannot control it.

Hi , is it possible to reverse use the device. By this I mean using the broadlink RM device to recognize a button press on a remote and the IR/RF code is then passed on to Hubitat. Based on the code , Hubitat rules can be programmed to perform various automation functions.

Update to this - the rules run successfully only some of the time. Trying to figure out if it is a problem with the Hubitat, the Broadlink or the Blinds themselves... If anyone has any insight as to flakey triggering of the Broadlink from the rule machine please let me know!

I am using Rule Machine to trigger two different Broadlink Mini's using stored code commands... Twice a day to trigger our robot vacuums. So far the only problems I have run into is if the Broadlink's have lost their network connection or gotten their IP changed.

@cybrmage
Thank you SO much for this.
I installed today without any problems and am using it to control an obscure RF controlled fan

I really appreciate the work involved in creating this.
Well done!

Now all I have to do is write a little app to trigger the different speeds that I have stored.
(I don’t have Rule Machine installed on any of my hubs)

Thank you again.

Andy

Cobra, sounds like you are not planning to do a RM for this... If you create an app, I would love to get a copy if you feel like sharing and having someone test it! (Though I suspect I would need to modify to use my learned commands...?)

In case you or others may be interested, I am sharing what I have setup in RM. I created a virtual fan to control it via a dashboard tile. It works great! (I am not a programmer however, so there may be much more efficient ways to do this! - If I'm lucky, I'll get some recommendations for improvements... :wink: )

Manual Fan:

I also setup a RM for it turn on and off automatically - will be testing it this summer. (I wish there was a "Case" option in RM!!!)

Automated Fan:

My plan is to use the app to send the names of stored actions/codes directly to the driver.

E.g I have a stored code for my fan ‘Stop’ my app will be configurable to send this (or any) command to the driver to ‘activate’ a stored code.

That is, at least, the plan.
I’d like to setup temperature input to control the speed of my fan as well as a schedule or two.
I’m sure I can think of a few other functions.

I have a special ‘Beta’ area for members testing my new apps etc., but it doesn’t seem that you have a membership on my website.
I don’t release open source code anymore

Andy

You can PM me if you would like me to become a member.

Hi all,

I'm looking to connect two Dooya DV24-CE/L-0.6/34 blind motors to HE. The motors run on 433 MHz RF frequency band.

Someone recommended a Broadlink RM Pro hub, and I came across this thread. I wanted to find out from others what the HE / Broadlink integration is like? Does it work well?