[Withdrawn] - Aeon HEM V2 (Gen5) Driver

@inetjnky
Number one is what I’m trying to achieve with this driver and will hopefully get some time to look at my new hem when it arrives tomorrow (in between laying a new lawn area in my garden)

Number two is not so easy within the driver.
However, I already have an app which can schedule a switch at a certain time on a certain date in the year.
I think this could be adapted to reset the hem and cover a 12 month period so you could enter the 12 dates in Jan which would cover you for the year.
The two together could probably achieve your goal.

Hmmm... I’ll have a think about that one :slight_smile:

I don’t do this for donations and they are not expected :slight_smile:
I just create apps and drivers for my own use and for the challenge.
If someone else finds them useful then that’s great.

Andy

1 Like

I’m sorry guys but my new hem arrived today.
The problem is that the UK/EU version of the two clamp meter is two phase and requires a two phase supply.
UK domestic ac is single phase.
Therefore it has to be returned and I will be unable to do any testing personally.

I’m going to swap it for another single clamp to try and achieve my goal of solar/mains monitoring.

I can try and solve the problems with the driver but will have to rely on someone else to supply logs etc and work with me.

Andy

:cry: I can try with mine, its one phase supply.

Hmmm, why did they label it UK version if it's not compatible with UK households? Strange.

Some industrial units have more than one phase
Most factories use 3

Andy

Oh, I see. This was an industrial unit? 3 Phase makes sense for industrial, 2 does not. Turn of the century power. The original generators installed at Niagara Falls in 1895 were 2 phase!

1 Like

Ah, Andy was shipped the Upper Kentucky version instead of the United Kingdom one. :rofl:

1 Like

Guys
I'm really sorry but I'm going to withdraw this driver.
The actual piece of kit that I have is a DSB28-ZWEU .

The original driver I released I managed to get working on this hardware.
I have since received a ZW095-C which does NOT work correctly with this driver.

I don't want to disappoint but until I can get this sorted I'll remove the driver from GitHub.
It may take a while!

Andy

Did you ever get the ZW095-C to work ??

you can try my driver: Hubitat/Drivers/aeotec-home-energy-meter-gen5.src at master · ClassicGOD/Hubitat · GitHub

I own ZW095-C 868.42MHz (EU) 3 Clamps 4 Phases 60A but the driver should work with any clamp configuration since it just asks the meter how many endpoints it has and creates appropriate number of child devices.

Keep in mind:

• While I don't take feature requests right now (I got the driver where I want it and moved on) it would be nice to have it tested by someone else.
  • You have to Save Preferences at least once for it to start working
  • There is no hand holding - need to know value to set for a parameter - refer to Aeotec documentation
3 Likes

I'll try that - thank you.

So far so good.

It's reporting back nicely - ZW095-C 868.42MHz (EU) 1 Clamp 1 Phase 60A

Many thanks, Simon

1 Like

Glad to hear that :slight_smile: Thank you for testing.

Just moved my HEM V2 off of ST, finally. I dreaded it as I have quite a few rules setup. It was my last holdout, I will have to keep the ST hub running for my Arlo camera and Leviosa shades integration but all Z-wave and ZIgbee devices are now removed.

I am using your driver for the HEM and it seems to be working well. Thank you.

Evening, I've just bought a zw095-c (3 phase unit) on ebay.... I only needed a single phase one but I didn't read the advert correctly :frowning:

I was wondering if I could just wire all the phases together (current clamp and voltage wires) and report all three phases the same? It's spec says it's 240v 50hz which is OK for here in the UK.

Provided it shows voltage and current OK Id be happy; I could work out power myself.

Anybody any experience / thoughts on this before I start?

Hi,
I tried this one today and after installed both drivers and Save preference, I only got this to states:

• syncStatus : in progress (parameter: 3)

Somehow it seems to be stuck in that state for me. @classicgod any ideas what to test next?

What FW version are you running? Is your meter included in secure mode? (if I remember correctly there were issues with setting the parameters if it was not included in secure mode)

I found the reason. It was because my main electric box is metal and when I closed the door, it actually loses z-wave. Now I moved energy meter outside of box, it seems to be working.

@classicgod But I have one more question, how those clamp readings are updated? As now it looks like those values are not updated until I press "refresh" on the child clamp device? Main device power readings are updated on the fly.

You need to configure groups correctly. You can read the documentation provided by Aeotec to find out what values you need. This is how I configured mine: