Wired Security System/DSC or Honeywell+Envisalink Start Up Help

So far my "research" has me leaning towards the following:

Security System: DSC or Honeywell with Envisalink integration
Sensors: wired sensors
(looking into synology as you recommended)

Bulbs: Philips Hue (since i have the hub already)
Dimmers/switches: lutron caseta or GE/Jasco (zigbee)
Motion sensors: Philips Hue... if I can't find any iris sensors (zigbee)
Lock: Yale (Zigbee)
Plugs/Outlets: Centralite plug, GE/Jasco in wall outlet
Repeaters: A few Ikea Tradfri Repeaters if needed
TV: Samsung Q60 and Q70 (got these thinking I'd go with ST hub before it went belly up with their hardware)

Can't even narrow it down for the following devices.
Blinds: Not sure but considering anything less expensive than lutron currently
Garage: clueless, confused, and undecided
Cameras: haven't started the research yet

I'm aware this list is a mess, but it's a start hahaha. As you can see I still have a ton of research to do since I've only decided for sure on my locks, bulbs, TVs, and repeaters :joy:

There's an integration for these TV's.

GDZ000-8 works well add on a tilt sensor for added assurance that it's actually in the state you expect. It has one that comes with it but a second opinion is always nice.

Oh that's fantastic! I thought I read somewhere there was no way to integrate so this is awesome.

As the only potential Z wave device would this be a problem even if my garage is fairly close by to the HE hub?

If it is just pickup a plug and split the distance.

1 Like

I put out a code bounty for it a while back but he asked me to donate the bounty to a charity. I have yet to find anything to be impossible where software and hardware changes are possible.

1 Like

Good new thread to track.
I have a DSC 832 and have read what I could adn downloaded the HE direct code.
Running Alarmserver with ST right now but getting a hub from Santa as I hear non-native apps like DSC on ST will stop being allowed in the future.
One thing to make sure of is external access. Right now I can arm/disarm remotely from the ST app.
Is there clairification on how this is done with HE? I'm pretty deep into WebCore and ST for 6 years so hopefully it won't hard to set up if I can get some stering.
Cheers

Dsc to envisalink to he and vice versa. If you want to run a node server you can offload the envisalink traffic to a raspberry pi to keep things running smoothly.

Remote arming and disarming is done the same as ST. HE supports cloud link dashboards so it can work remotely with the phone app.

That's the problem reading all this stuff without the HE. I don't even know the capabilities of the Dashboard. I thought I read somewhere you needed a cloud service if you wanted remote (cell phone) access so that seemed to tie in to the DSC problem.
Hopefully the ST transition on the software side wono't be too bad otherwise I'll run HubConnect for a while until I get sorted.

Nope it's a lot like the old st system except most of the code is executed locally. There are some api people use that are cloud based like Alexa and google, Honeywell thermostats, ecobee, rachio, etc... Hubitat hosts the cloud dashboard access.

Even most of the drivers are drop in replaceable with very minor changes.