Wired Humidity Sensor (tuya)

We've got a heat recovery system which we boost via a sonoff humidity wireless sensor after it reaches a certain level. All works well however it would be great to have this all hard wired so the devices don't go missing and batteries don't need changing.

Has any one had any experience with the tuya moes humidity hard wired module and does it work with hubitat?

I do not have any experience with that specific wired device, but I do have several Moes/Tuya devices that have all been reliable.

The photo of the device shows that this is a WiFi device, not Zigbee or Z-wave. Recent Tuya Zigbee devices are usually compatible with Hubitat. The hub only works with WiFi devices is a specific integration has been developed either by the staff or by community developers. I am not aware of drivers for Tuya WiFi devices.

The device listing indicates that it works with Amazon Alexa with built-in hub. If you can get it working with Alexa, you can set up virtual devices to get the status transmitted from Alexa to Hubitat, but it is not always easy to accomplish.

I'm also interested in a wired humidity sensor.

I have two of the Zooz that seem to work well. They are a bit expensive and the batteries die even if you have it plugged in.

I've just ordered the Tuya Zigbee sensor discussed in this thread. Less than 1/2 the price of the Zooz, and reportedly the battery does not discharge when it is plugged in. Will post in this thread once I get it. If it works and the price stays low, I'll order more.

ah thought it might have been ZigBee or zwave, dont really want them on the network. I was looking for something that i can hide behind a sensor enclosure so that it looks like a professional install

thought it might have been ZigBee or zwave, dont really want them on the network.

Can you please clarify what you mean? The entire point of Hubitat is to be the hub of a Zigbee / Zwave network.

I was looking for something that i can hide behind a sensor enclosure so that it looks like a professional install

Can you provide a link to such an enclosure? Have not seen enclosures for hiding sensors...

If you place a humidity sensor in an enclosure, it won't be able to measure humidity accurately.

Some temperature and humidity sensors are so small that they are easy to hide from view. I use these in my bathrooms to trigger the exhaust fan.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SD3QBNP/

Unfortunately, they are out of stock on Amazon, so you might need to look elsewhere.

They are only 1 1/2" in diameter, so they are not noticeable. They are battery powered, but the battery lasts a very long time. The battery is supposed to last two years. I have had three of them in operation for over a year and have yet to replace a battery in either of them.

These are Zigbee devices based on Tuya technology and work quite well with the Hubitat hub. One of the nice things about Zigbee is that the protocol is designed to be low power such that batteries do not need to be replaced frequently. That is not the case with WiFi devices. They are much higher power and usually need to be powered by USB.

I currently use something similar was just looking for a hard wired version as we’re currently renovating. May just stick to them!

Reporting back - turned out to be a fake device that does not report humidity or temp.

Anyone know anything about this one that is USB powered?

It may well be that the device DOES sense temperature and humidity, but the driver you are using only picks up the motion sensor. You might need a custom driver to allow it to report motion, temperature and humidity.

Yeah, I ran that one down. Our resident Tuya expert, @kkossev has confirmed its a fake..

I'm moving forward with a different device...

@kkossev is one of our experts, especially with Tuya. If he does not know how to fix it, it probably cannot be fixed.

What are you looking to replace it with?

The requirements are line/USB powered and humidity sensing, reporting to Hubitat.
The nice to haves are backup battery and temperature sensing.

I found this and wondering if anyone has any experience with it - I ordered it since these seem to come via the literal slow boat from China: