Will there be an updated app

I love the concept of the device but the only problem is the app. It isn't user friendly and seems a bit archaic. Apple has a great user friendly app and even the new smart things app does. Don't want to step on any toes but would love to know

2 Likes

You can create a connection via Homebridge to have Apple's Home app be your 'dashboard'.

The very high level instructions are:

• Add MakerAPI App to your Hubitat hub.
  • Select devices on your hub that you want to be seen over on Apple.
  • Build a Homebridge solution using the Homebridge-MakerAPI plugin.
  • Add the Homebridge 'appliance' to Apple and your devices will populate.

Clearly there's a lot of small steps with each. If you have a RaspberryPi, there are at least two 'prebuilt' solutions available. One is HOOBS and the other is homebridge-raspbian-image

If you have an interest in pursuing that.. ask, a lot more detail is available. :smiley:

I used apple as an example but I have an android phone. Are there any android solutions

If your speaking about dashboards can I suggest you look at smartly.

I do all my programming via the web GUI and all dashboard interaction via smartly/web browser

1 Like

This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you greatly

2 Likes

Let us know if you need any help, or have any suggestions to improve it. We are always looking for new ideas!

And Welcome to Hubitat

2 Likes

You can also very easily setup the Google Assistant integration and use the Google Home app.

2 Likes

Exception of course is the Google Home app is always cloud. Whereas HE Dashboards and Apple Home app switch between local and cloud automatically (taking into consideration all the extra hardware and steps needed to add HomeKit control).

Still, a good recommendation as Googles cloud is pretty fast and stable. The Alexa app is also an available option, although not as easy to use like a dashboard as the Google Home app is.

1 Like