Why won't Hubitat Google app not pass motion detectors or virtual switch's to Google home

I can't get Google home to recognize motion devices or simulated devices in Hubitat via the Google app to Google Home. This is my last step to get off Smartthings that passes such devices with no problem. I need a fix or I will go back to ST AGAIN and give up on Hubitat. Yes, I am aware of the Hub link but the number of hubs keeps increasing. I already of 3 or for others for Lutron, Hue, etc and it's getting ridiculous.

You can try the community-maintained app if the built-in one isn't doing it for you. Here's the Github link, but I would suggest installing it using Hubitat Package Manager:

SUPER frustrating that the Hubitat Google Home Assistant wont pass sensors to Google Home. I am struggling with this now, followed the directions above for the community-maintained app but it has flaws in the directions also.

Were you ever able to resolve this? I am deciding whether or not to tackle the above-mentioned integration

I read the github instructions and did not see any integration options for motion. Did I miss something?

Google Home cannot natively trigger routines from Motion or Contact sensors. Why are you expecting this to work? Have I missed something?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.