Why when I’m in my Zigbee device in the advanced tab, does it say send Z wave command? Why would I send a Z wave command to a Zigby device?

My Zigbee devices have an advanced option with “send Zwave command”… why would I want to send a Zwave command to a zigbee device? Why doesn’t it say “send zigbee” command? And my hub has only one device connected and connected to Ethernet and is extremely slow. Already did a soft reboot. It also won’t let me change the subnet mask to the originally assigned subnet mask my router has selected. And I have a red notification signal by the app icon but cannot find any notifications or warnings on the hub before and after soft reset..

And I can’t seem to get the geofence to respond to my new address. I changed the address within the app and even did the soft reset but it just keeps saying I’m out of the geofence and shows the aerial view of my old house… this seems like too much problems in every aspect.

Could you confirm exactly which device says that? It should probably be updated.

Check that your Postal or Zip Code is accurate under Settings -> Hub Details

1 Like

That “advanced” option with “send Z-wave command” is present at the bottom of every one of my device settings pages, regardless of how the device is connected to Hubitat.

I’m not sure why. I suggest ignoring it.

2 Likes

I don't have that on any of my device pages. Screenshot?

1 Like

That is present for every single device, even virtual devices.

1 Like

Sure, here it is at the bottom of a Zigbee device's settings page. You can see the "save device" button above it and the "device details" info below it. Clicking on on the "advanced" text pops out the "send z-wave command" button, which is hidden by default. Perhaps you haven't noticed it because of that?

But this is at the bottom of all my other device pages too, even virtual devices.

3 Likes

DOH! I thought that was just saying that everything below this is Advanced.

3 Likes

Okay. I learned something today. I had not clicked on Advanced before. In any case, it is there and it is useless, so click again on advanced to hide it and then ignore it.

2 Likes

@jameslslate @StephenH I've been an HE user for 2 years and I am in and out of devices all the time. I thought the same thing. Learn something new every day! Thanks.

1 Like

i want to say it was a debugging “extra” that slipped into production accidently a couple of zwave upgrades back.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.