Why this doesn't work in RM 4

This rule works fine in RM3 however in RM4 it keeps turning off my water valve. Is it just me or is RM4 harder to understand? I thought it was going to be easier. Maybe I'm just frustrated.

RM4

RM3

You have to call cancel delayed actions. Here is an example

I’m using all conditional based actions now.

If water meters becomes so
Then
Delay mins
Shut off
Else
Cancel delay
End if

Ok that makes sense. So I got this far but I can't find the "Else"

In order to get to the ELSE, you need to use the IF (condition) THEN and not the Simple Condition Action.

Ok I got it. Thank you guys very much. Its the little things like this I don't understand sometimes. Everyone here is so helpful. Thank you napalmcsr and mike3y for showing me Else and End if. Also thank you homeauto2112 for showing me how to apply it.

2 Likes

Probably still will not work...when the flow goes below .1, it will not trigger, and cancel.
Change the trigger to water meter changed.

That's a great point. You may want to modify your trigger event to "changed"

The question I have is will the delay stack with multiple calls, or will it be reset to 30 min every time the water meter reports consecutive above .1?

You question was just answered.

So it just shut off whiten a few minuets apart and ya that didn't make the wife to happy as she is preparing dinner at the moment.

I wonder if setting it to changed like napalmcsr suggested will work as the trigger would just be a change . I have no idea guys.

I would change the trigger to changed, and then watch the settings page of the rule, gear icon, to make sure you don’t see multiple scheduled actions at the bottom.

If I make it changed it will start the count when the meter reads 0. I don't want to shut off the valve if no water is running. Only if water has been running continuously for 30 minutes like if someone left the hose running.

It shouldn’t start the count until it goes over .1. Changed just means run the actions everytime water meter changes.

Oh ok. I will give it a try but not tell tomorrow when the wife cools off. LOL

2 Likes

Yes. Its working. Happy happy

Thanks for everyone's help. This is a great community.

1 Like