Why Lifx support? Reasoning?

Do they have a documented local api?

Not sure, I haven't looked into it at all. I just use the driver that has already been published. I could answer that question if it was Govee, but they are a cloud only option.

1 Like

After a few Google searches everything that comes up indicates what everyone knows about local control thas beeen reversed engineered so I would expect that to be a no go. They have the Wiz Pro API which looks to be documented but depend on AWS so cloud based.

Govee is cloud based and appears to be well documented as well, but hit or miss depending on what feature each device has. This means just light and switch products. They currently require everyone connecting to it get a private API Key from them.

Both have functional community created drivers right now though so atleast they are taken care of that way.

I'd start looking at the Lifx bulbs then as your best bet. Serious sales on their site right now

1 Like

FYI, this is nothing new. Hubitat has supported YeeLights for over 2 years.

2 Likes

Where is the best place for lifx sales in canada? Amazon doesnt have much other that one 1100 lumen bulb for $50cdn and a lower lumen bulb for $35cdn

edit* Bestbuy has more options but similar sale pricing

lifx.com is having a ton of black friday sales, use STORE10 for an additional 10% off that...

And technically hue is Ethernet when using the hub.

3 Likes

The majority of my smart devices are WiFi.

Happy with the performance.

I never thought that would have been the case at the outset, when I initially planned on various ethernet / arduino devices.

Tried the cheap and cheerful approach with nodemcu's (minimal learning curve), expecting mediocrity.

I expected wrong. All work perfect for my needs.

Contact/motion/temp/humidity sensors, and multiple devices via 3v relays.

/ input

1 Like

This....

Please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read this post a while back and I assumed this would have been implemented by now.
@bcopeland Is this feature in the works?

I'd guess it might be in 2.3.1, but that's just a guess.

1 Like

The new version isn't even in beta yet.... .124 has been incredibly well done so they've been working on a lot of stuff.

It is :grin:

6 Likes