Why is this a thing? Static IP Setup, one step forward two steps back

My hub sits in my office on the corporate enterprise network. The network engineers kindly (kindly meaning do it now or remove the device completely) asked for the hub to be moved away from the DHCP desktop PC vlan to the Non-DHCP, Non-Static IoT Vlan to which they even dedicated a network switch port for the hub. However, this is a completely different IP range. This would be easy except there's a strange limitation where you cannot go to a static IP unless you are on the same subnet. Even the network engineers are amused at this limitation. It is finally nice we can modify the subnet mask more, that was another major problem on a corporate network so thank you for that. Can we have just a little more latitude to choose a completely different subnet network please?

Have you actually tried the Network Setup utility? That post is almost three years old, the tool has changed a bit since then, and I'm not sure that what you describe is a limitation anymore. If it is, you can still try:

PS - There is also documentation at: Network Setup | Hubitat Documentation

2 Likes

Sadly, the limitation still exists with attempting to change to a different IP subnet. I will investigate the endpoint alternative. Thank you for sharing this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.