Why is Amazon Alexa / Hubitat integration so terrible?

I thought that was the whole idea of Groups

Just one more datapoint, I wouldn’t consider the HE integration with Alexa to be “terrible” at all.

I rarely encounter issues with delays.

As for the issue of Alexa thinking a device isn’t responding when it actually did, that used to happen more frequently to me but has improved a lot over time. Even when it does still occasionally occur, I find it to be a minor annoyance at worst. If I ask Alexa to turn the lights on, I can see that they turned on because I have eyes, I don’t particularly care whether the disembodied robot voice in our house agrees or not.

I agree with this though.

2 Likes

I have mostly non-plus z-wave switches and no issues here, other than human error, which I can't fix

With groups you can say "turn on the lights". The Echo device that hears the command will turn on all the lights that are grouped to it.

You can no control individual devices within that group without referring to its complete name.

This is my most common issue to. Light comes on and robot says its not. Everyone just laughs at the robot. Not a big deal at all.

The other issues just seem to be speaking the robots language. did you ask for the name of that thing. if not it wont work.

We have a group in the office and trigger of "I am in the office" to just turn on one light in the office instead of all the lights (closets, and a unused lamp). I don't know what the deal with that trigger is but both The wife and myself get told all about the 45th president when saying "I am in the office"..

:rofl:

I’m gonna laugh about it while I can. Eventually the robots will be laughing at us, probably from the Oval Office.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.