Why don't updates work with Chrome on Android?

Whenever I kick off an update via Chrome on Android, it never completes. I have to go into a browser on a workstation to get it to complete.

I don't know why it doesn't work on your system.

I update my hubs almost exclusively from chrome on Android (the rest of the time is chrome on my Chromebook), and it works fine for me.

3 Likes

Same here

1 Like

You must keep the window open during the update process, at least until the hub restarts and starts loading. You can't just click download and close the window.

BTW, I do my updates mostly on my phone as well, Pixel 3xl.

What, if any, error messages do you get?

No error messages. That's probably the issue, I inevitably miss tapping the screen and the phone locks during the update.

I've done this on two occassions and whilst the update started, it didnt complete. Why is this? Seems strange.

Why, don't know, other than that's the way it was written. But there are 3 stages for the page right now. We have plans to streamline it so it happens in the background after the initial start download, not eta's, no promises but we know it can be better.

So up until the hub loading % screen, the browser window needs to stay open to kick off the 3 steps, downloading, verifying and starting the update process.

1 Like