Why did the Hubitat Hub jump to $129.95

$89.95 according to my order from April 21 2019.

Well, then didn't you just answer yourself?

I'm really sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, I have no idea what you're talking about...

5 Likes

It seems like hes saying you are cheap and by not paying full price for the hub, and instead getting it on sale, that you are the reason we don't have those integrations and why they arent launching a hub into space....

He seems convinced that the people buying the hubs are in fact the ones keeping the company from doing well if they didnt buy it from a specific outlet at a specific price...his stance, well its a bit confusing honestly.

I know if it wasn't for the sale price I personally would not have given HE a shot, as a Pi4 and dongle can be had for less than that 129 price tag... Im glad they put it on sale. In fact because of that sale they have gained over 20 customers off of me as ALL my friends and family are now buying HE hubs (many at the current price, some waiting for the next sale) to automate their homes....

3 Likes

This has been discussed in other threads. @dman2306 is right, in the case of harmony, Logitech seems to have no interest in new integrations because they haven’t accepted any for about two years now. Nothing hubitat can do about that.

Jesus! I'm in the wrong job :rofl:

Do Amazon cover you for stuff like this or is it just a loss?
Complete arse hole whoever they were.

4 Likes

HE's user base is too small for the big guys to "go out of their way". There's probably a dozen other small hub companies that want to. But most of them will go out of business.

Hopefully HE gets big enough to be "noticed"

1 Like

I agree -- I increasingly depend on hubitat and would actually pay a subscription to help acceleate development.

I find it curious that folks are focusing on a small increase in hub cost. For me the cost of automation is dominated by the devices. The hub cost pales in comparison. Maybe this increase should be looked as: cost +/- 1 dimmer.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I've kind of said this before... for those of us that have a Hubitat hub (or more), and are participating in the Community, the value of the hub HAS BECOME very valuable. I was, like the Wink visitors, cautious about buying yet-another-hub (back in 2018) and while I did miss a Sale, the price is nothing in comparison to everything else I bought to be used as part of the total system.

I wasn't then and am not now a "remote control" home, I want full automation. My impression though is a lot of Wink users are still in the "Remote Control" phase. With 10+ devices (already purchased) and a potential addition of another $100 for a SmartBridge PRO for all their Lutron existing devices, it's a big leap of faith... as it was for me.

It's only AFTER, that you say to yourself "Well that was a bunch of dithering that I can't undo." :smiley: We have a very nice set of ex-Wink participants here in the Community who will assist as much as their experience allows.

1 Like

Probably best to fork over the $5 for a one month to Wink to keep WAF at an acceptable level until you return to sort it out

Oh, I missed this. Whatever the classic first one was called with the WiFi and cloud support. It's typically faster to RE and setup a cloud based integration than a BLE one.

1 Like

Yay! I got two of those and remain really disappointed that the Anova app only lets you control any one at a time (even though they're both WiFi-connected and on Anova's cloud).

Hoping your integration will let me control both via HE.

1 Like

OMGOSH... isn't that the most annoying thing ever? WHO DESIGNED THAT?!

"Oh, I'm sorry, my loving spouse. We have a house, children and a dog together but you cannot control my cooker. That is where Anova has drawn my line."

WTF

1 Like

Worse yet - they haven't that in 5 years. There was an app release that was supposed to permit this in early 2019. Never happened ....

Most of the time I use just one at a time. There have been a few occasions when I've been making two different things (dinner + dessert or meat + potatoes).

1 Like

That's got me so bothered that maybe I will do the Meater+ integration first. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I outta likes for the day. SO there's a couple of your posts that I found really funny. But can't click the like button. So here's a couple :+1: :+1: instead ...

4 Likes

I was in a weird mood last night. I might have creeped @DanDixon out a little but I was chuckling a bit while I wrote some of those posts.

This is the real crime of Hubitat!! All the rage for the HE price increase should be redirected here. Release the Karens!!!

3 Likes